My Case

g4m3rof1337

I have the Ultra Aluminus case.

I was wondering if the top part came off. Cause I want to mount an 80mm fan, but dont want to remove all of my components.

If not, would it be smart to remove the side air duct, and replace the duct with the fan?

Thanks.

PC eye

banned
When the new build goes together here with an Antec Nine Hundred model case I will be looking at mounting 120mm fan on the side cover's vent. You certainly don't want to use a hole saw to cut an opening in the top for a fan! Look to see if there are predrilled holes for mounting one first.

g4m3rof1337

Theres nothing on the top.
And its light weight aluminum.

On the side, yes, there are holes.

Not on the top though.

PC eye

banned
Most case don't see top fans while some do. Except for gaming cases like the Antec Nine Hundred with a 200mm on top you would have to modify the case to add one there. For tha side vent seeing predrilled holes is a good sign for simply adding a fan there. For most atx cases you will see the top plate permanently mounted while some are removable for quick assembly/disassembly. The frame may allow for a fan but blocked by the top section of the outer casing.

You have to work with what you have there or simply move everything into a new case that allows for the added cooling. You could mod the case if you are good with metal working? Otherwise that would be a mess. Here I had to simply make a fast decision to upgrade the case itself for this build. Likewise the new Antec seen last year right after ordering an AeroCool model will finally have a home here for the new build! :D