My Mobile Broadband on Vista SP2 freezes.

OldSchool297

From time to time, maybe 2 times a day my Mobile Broadband connection on my Windows Vista with SP2 hangs, the connection program still counts connection time but there is no data going thru, and then i get the yellow warning icon over the network icon. The thing is when this happens you can't close the Mobile connection program and access external harddrives or open programs in my main window. Everything freezes and it takes around 10min for the computer to restart. I have tried to reinstall the Windows and change the Modem + connection program but it's still the same thing.

I had this issue more often when the modem only had 2G reception, it freeze very often in that low speed, but then i got better reception to 3G and now i never have that low 2G speed. I have tried to close the connection program with programs like ProcessKiller but it can't be closed down after the internet has freezed.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked to see if you need a software update for your hardware? I would really think about upgrading to a new OS as Vista supports ends next month.

OldSchool297

Yes i have the latest for my HUAWEI E173 i have several new and it's the same problem. I have tried do disable IpHelper but it doesn't work better. Can it be because i use a 3G modem to a 4G internet? I had this problem before when the reception was bad and the speed was low as 2G in my old 3G internet. It hang up from 10-30minutes every time it was in 2G. And i can't figure out why the mobile internet program freezes, i have tried with 2 different.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So are you saying you have used other computers and it freezes as well? If so, sounds like a problem with your modem.

OldSchool297

Yes it is the same, i am sure it is not the Usb connection, it must be that it cause trouble by using 4G on a 3G modem. But why should this cause trouble, does it send out data in another format?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Lte has nothing to do with the OS. It has to deal with the modem you have. For the most part, if you have LTE in your area, you'll have 3g.