my monitor its messed up!!!!!

ssj4nickeli

i need help with this problem i had...it all started when i got my computer running and i installed starcraft(which needs to be updated) so i updated it and i was playing for about 3 hours till i got bored and got off...when i closed starcraft my monitor was acting extremely odd!! everything was expanded(icons,start,ect) and i also noticed that my color is very screwed up... i already tried to reinstall my monitor/graphics card setting but when the computer restarts nothing happens its still the same... can anyone please help. :confused:

Rick G

A lot of times a game has default settings that affect your video card settings or monitor settings. However you havn't provided any specs for your machine. Mobo, processor, vid card, sound card, power supply, monitor. Without that info no one can begin to tell you how to "fix" your problem.
More than likley you need to check your monitor settings and video settings and reset them back to a higher resolution and maybe adjust the icon and font size to get back to where you were.

ssj4nickeli

well i figured out that my motherboard has a built in vid card and i already know that the problem isnt with my monitor anymore(tested computer on other monitor) i still had the same problem so im thinking that it has something to do with the motherboard(its one of those old 2000 compaq)

Rick G

Perhaps the MOBO is kerplunk, but if all else works you can get a geforce4 MX440 for about $40 with a little shopping, try NEWEGG,COM. Thats if you have and AGP slot or an extra PCI slot that you are not using.

tmm5899

my monitor does not allow me to change the color settings anyone have ideas it says creative blaster when i first turn on my computer would that be the maker of the card?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Start
2. Run
3. Type dxdiag
4. On the tab labeled "Display", what does it say in the box titled "Device"

Grimulus

tmm5899 said:
my monitor does not allow me to change the color settings anyone have ideas it says creative blaster when i first turn on my computer would that be the maker of the card?

No.
That's a sound card.

Do what praetor said. Graphic settings from games can do that to your monitor but in no way should it be permenant. What kinda monitor do you have?