Need help with old computers

Chicki123

Hi everyone, new here.

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have three old computers and was wondering if I could piece together the three and make one computer. I would like to try and make a so so computer for a family that can't afford a computer of their own.

The first one is an old 486 with 16 mb ram Win 95, not sure on the hard drive size. The next is a Pentium 133 with 16 mb ram, 1.1 GB hard drive Win 95 and the third is a Pentium 233 with 32 mb ram and 1.0 GB hard drive (Win 98).

Here is my question. Can I take the ram and the hard drives out of the oldest computers and put them in the 233? If so, how do I go about doing this? I am sort of a newbie so I would appreciate detailed instructions on doing this. If not, is there anywhere in Canada where I can order the necessary parts for making the Pentium 233 a little bit faster and better?

Thanks in advance for all of your help with this newbie question

Chicki

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Here is my question. Can I take the ram and the hard drives out of the oldest computers and put them in the 233?
If the sticks fit then you probably can.

If not, is there anywhere in Canada where I can order the necessary parts for making the Pentium 233 a little bit faster and better?
Try universities :D you'd be surprised the 'junk' they throw away ... you can probably take that POS and get it upgraded for say $100-$200 into a respectable relatively modern system at some small computer store too