New Desktop

Meraxus

Hello all, I am new to the Forum but am looking at buying a New desktp computer. First I was looking at sites where I could buy all the components and piece it together myself (Newegg.com and Tigerdirect.com) are a few sites I checked out, Then I found a few Pc building sites as a link from Nvidia website (cyberpowerinc.com and ibuypower.com) They both have great prices and I have looked at all the individaul components and its not crappy stuff it is actually good Quality.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good sites or had any suggestions, I was looking at a 3.0-3.4 ghz CPU, around 1 gig of ram (upgradeable to 4 gigs), and an Nvidia 6800 Video Card. I want this computer more for gaming then anything else and I want to be able to upgrade it.

Any help would be Great as I have been looking around for some time now and still am not sure, so I figured I would ask some more knowledgable people. Thankyou to all that help :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking at a 3.0-3.4 ghz CPU, around 1 gig of ram (upgradeable to 4 gigs), and an Nvidia 6800 Video Card. I want this computer more for gaming then anything else and I want to be able to upgrade it.
If your budget allows for it get the P4EE-3.4 but if not get a slower one and OC it .... and you're better off with a P4EE-3.0 and 2GB of memory than a P4EE3.4 and 1GB of memory. Make sure its stable and fast memory and a solid mobo you're getting. Also dont forget a reliable PSU and HSF

Meraxus

Well I was looking at Abit Motherboards and Dual channel DDR400 Kingston hyper-X memory. I was looking for a more affordable CPU then the Extreme Edition, does the Cache increase make a ton of a difference?

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The cache makes a very big difference but the P4EE is more for extremely rich people ... if you're not gonna go for that I'd reccomend a P4C-2.8 to P4C-3.0 and overclock.

:) The IC7 Max3 is a sweet Intel mobo