New Motherboard install Still doesn't work

biggdogg_24

I installed a new PC 200 Socket A M825 Series Motherboard. Isays it supports 2 184 pin DIMM DDr memory. For 100/133 MHz Memory bus but it still doesn't work. Then it says supports 2.0 GB of 200/266 MHz DDR SDRAM. That one is the one I purchased. Everything is connected in the right spots and the board is getting power to it, but it still does not work. Everything is running except for the video portion of the board. It's an on-board wideo. What should I do to make it work?

UrbanDragon

First things first. Are you getting any POST beeps. One would indicate normal operation and no errors . more beeps would indicate a problem.

Secondly, when you turn the computer on does it stay on. with exception to the video. or does it stay on for 5-10 sec then power off.

If it stays on I would reset CMOS because it is onboard you cant reseat the video card. next step i would find an old crappy pci/agp video card to see if it will work. your onboard video may be hosed.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. A quick bit of reading suggests that your mobo is the ECS K7VMM (http://www.ecsusa.com/products/k7vmm.html) ... is this correct?

2. In either case, for systems supporting both DDR and SDR memory, you can only use one or the other at any given moment (i.e., you cant have both at the same time)

more beeps would indicate a problem.
Or none at all too! :)

Everything is running except for the video portion of the board. It's an on-board wideo. What should I do to make it work?
Can you explain this a bit further? Do you see anything or is it all just black?