New motherboard

charleslong

Ok guys, Im going to be ordering a new motherboard, so that I can start on my new computer. I will be running a 64 Bit 3gig processor and 512mb of memory. What would be the best, most reliable, overclockable MB for 100+- a few dollars?
Thanks
Charles

charleslong

charleslong said:
Ok guys, Im going to be ordering a new motherboard, so that I can start on my new computer. I will be running a 64 Bit 3gig processor and 512mb of memory. What would be the best, most reliable, overclockable MB for 100+- a few dollars?
Thanks
Charles

Oh yeah, I plan on running a SATA Hard Drive.

double-dragon

you know how AGP has 2x, 4x and 8x? well pci-express is 16x...and you will generally find that theyre cheaper than AGP (even though mobo's to support them are more expensive).

charleslong

double-dragon said:
you know how AGP has 2x, 4x and 8x? well pci-express is 16x...and you will generally find that theyre cheaper than AGP (even though mobo's to support them are more expensive).

Thanks for the help, I got it now.
Hey I wanted to run one of those All In Wonders, but I think that I am just going to run a separate tuner and card. What are some good video cards? I will also look at tuners.
Charles

charleslong

charleslong said:
Thanks for the help, I got it now.
Hey I wanted to run one of those All In Wonders, but I think that I am just going to run a separate tuner and card. What are some good video cards? I will also look at tuners.
Charles

Oh yeah, I wanted to keep the video card under 100 also, b/c I will have to buy a tuner.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
NO.jpg
That isn't a 3GHz processor so unless you were proving my point I don't know what you were doing :p

Model: Athlon 64 3000+
Core: Winchester
Operating Frequency: 1.8GHz

charleslong

charleslong said:
Ok Smart Ass(S)
3000+
Do you guys have any useful info for my post?

Oh yeah, what do you guys think of your AMD's?
I have been running AMD since I can remember, but at work they run Pentium4's. I guess there ok.
Do you think that your 64Bits were worth the money? OR do you wish you had gone with a comparable Pentium?
Thanks
Charles

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Ok Smart Ass(S)
3000+
Do you guys have any useful info for my post?
That kinda attitude is gonna land you in the big fancy land of banned real fast.

Oh yeah, what do you guys think of your AMD's?
I have been running AMD since I can remember, but at work they run Pentium4's. I guess there ok.
Do you think that your 64Bits were worth the money?
1. Too general of a question
2. Naturally yes since i cant run the 64bit stuff on the (at the time), available Intel chips.

charleslong

Praetor said:
That kinda attitude is gonna land you in the big fancy land of banned real fast.

1. Too general of a question
2. Naturally yes since i cant run the 64bit stuff on the (at the time), available Intel chips.

There is other boards thanks,

I think that both of you asked for it. If you had no info to add to my thread, maybe you should not have posted anything. ;)
Kind of like what you should have learned as a child. If you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say anything at all.
Thanks
for the help :D

you guys need to add more smilies also

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You shouldnt be such a hypocrite -- if you wanna start namecalling, try not to call us childish.

charleslong

Praetor said:
You shouldnt be such a hypocrite -- if you wanna start namecalling, try not to call us childish.

Hey im not name calling, no need for that. I am just saying when I was a child thats what my mom taught me. Im too old to be name callin. Also, there is no need for threats.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
LOL so calling me/us a smartass was all in good fun? ;) As for threats -- as an Admin of this forum, it's my responsibility to ensure the forum is running and in good order ... anything that undermines that or the community needs to go ... nothing unreasonable im sure you can understand :)

charleslong

Praetor said:
LOL so calling me/us a smartass was all in good fun? ;) As for threats -- as an Admin of this forum, it's my responsibility to ensure the forum is running and in good order ... anything that undermines that or the community needs to go ... nothing unreasonable im sure you can understand :)

LOL, Yeah I actually did call you that didnt I. I should not have called you that. I dont think that I am any kind of a threat to this community or any other community.