New Notebook For school

mesagsxbkr

I am looking at a new notebook for when I go back to school. I have looked at all makes, but since my mom's company gets large discounts through dell, I am probably going to get one. I have a few questions.
I am going to use the computer for the internet (as all of my homework from my classes will be online), word processing, and some gaming with games such as the sims etc.

1. What is the difference between the Centrino 745, 735 and 725 processors? Is there really that much of a performance difference?
2. Is an 80g hard drive really needed? I plan on using another external hard drive that I have for my desktop so I was thinking of saving 100 dollars and getting the 60 gig.
3. Windows XP or Professional?
4. For light gaming will the 64mb geforce card serve me well?
5. What is the difference between having 1 or 2 dimm ram? Can both setups be upgraded?

Thanks for all of your help!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Not that much of a difference
2. Go for the 60GB
3. Professional would be a better choice in a univ. environment as it's got better networking capabilities
4. Yeah it should be good.
5. You'll probably want 1DIMM since the notebook only has two slots. That way you can upgrade by just buying another DIMM (actually they are SO-DIMMs) :)