next 5 years?

nomav6

was wondering if anyone had any predictions as to what was going to be the biggest thing to affect the IT world in the next 5 years

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
It could be a human-computer interface with a firewire plug under your ear. So say goodbye to lighted keyboards. :D
I’m looking forward to some memory upgrade for my brain (my memory is running very low from some time...), hoping I won’t need to upgrade other body parts too... :eek:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I could definitely use FLIR and integrated RADAR and HUD :D ('nothin like "walk by wire" heehee)

AainaalyaA

i dont wanna be a pessimist, but i fear the internet won't last that long - five years is a long time. with the recent outbust of war, famine, and blackout in the US / europe/ africa, and the possibility of NYSE crash {apparently the next biggest thing to happen in a couple of months or so it seems}, ... anything can happen. But when it does, I hope i won't be affected by it - at least by then I should get over the net addiction :D

nomav6

AainaalyaA said:
i dont wanna be a pessimist, but i fear the internet won't last that long - five years is a long time. with the recent outbust of war, famine, and blackout in the US / europe/ africa, and the possibility of NYSE crash {apparently the next biggest thing to happen in a couple of months or so it seems}, ... anything can happen. But when it does, I hope i won't be affected by it - at least by then I should get over the net addiction :D
I feel its going to be around, a big part of wars now are fought using technology and I dont feel that any of the people that are in power will be doing anything to slow down the progression of tech.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
at least by then I should get over the net addiction
Yay... as for me... I am *not* addicted to the net! *twitch*

LOL! At your age, you can still hope. At mine, its a goner
Geez im suddenly having a bad feeling about this getting-older-thing eek! :p