No internet

kopi

Since my Router broke I have temporarily connect my PC directly to modem via ethernet cable. Internet and conncetion worked, but than I have some problems and type ipconfig/release and /ipcong renew and /ipconfig flushdns in cmd line. Now inthernet does not work any more. I restarted computer, try renew again, look for DCP client but nothing does not work. What can I do? Thanx for answers.

Geoff

VIP Member
What problems did you have before running the ipconfig commands? Have you tried restarting your modem?

kopi

I tried to use cable for TV, but in did not worked, that is why I tried ipconfig commands. I did not restart modem, because I think the problem is with computer, since cleary the ipcofig comadnas did this and the internet on other computer connected to this modem works alright.

kopi

I restarted the modem, and connection works now for some short time that in stops. If I restart computer it works again for short time(copuple of minnutes) that in stops.
I think my modem is running a dhcp serivice, how can I check? But like I said other computer connceted to this modem works fine.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
If you are getting an IP then it's probably fine. most likele 192.168.1.10 or something similar. 169.254.x.x is an automatic private and means no IP was assigned.

I'm thinking DHCP issue since you originally say that you had some problems then released and renewed your IP after which nothing worked. It seems the most likely issue. Does your ISP provide support configuring your modem?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you are getting an IP then it's probably fine. most likele 192.168.1.10 or something similar. 169.254.x.x is an automatic private and means no IP was assigned.

I'm thinking DHCP issue since you originally say that you had some problems then released and renewed your IP after which nothing worked. It seems the most likely issue. Does your ISP provide support configuring your modem?

He is saying that other computers connected to the modem work fine. My guess is an issue with the pc.itself.

kopi

Yes I think the probem is with pc. What is esspecialy stangae is that, when I restarted modem it started to work for short time(a cuple of minustes) and when I restart computer it works again for some short time. Does anyboldy have idea why this is hapening?

kopi

No, is it likely that any of the above will fix problem? Does reinstaling delete all files or live them?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Reinstalling windows fresh will delete everything, personal files and all installed programs. You could also have malware on your system. Just weird that it works for a bit and then stops. You can try scanning your system with using the following procedure and post the logs.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

•Please close all open programs and internet browsers.
•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Click on Scan.
•After the scan you will need to click on clean for it to delete the adware.
•Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
•Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

•Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
•Very important that you run the tool in this manner:
Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator
Do NOT just double-click it.
•The tool will open and start scanning your system.
•Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
•On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
•Post the contents of JRT.txt in your next message.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. Please keep updating until it says you have the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • A log will be saved automatically which you can access by clicking on the Logs tab within Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

If for some reason Malwarebytes will not install or run please download and run Rkill.scr, Rkill.exe, or Rkill.com. If you are still having issues running rkill then try downloading these renamed versions of the same program.

EXPLORER.EXE
IEXPLORE.EXE
USERINIT.EXE
WINLOGON.EXE

But DO NOT reboot the system and then try installing or running Malwarebytes. If Rkill (which is a black box) appears and then disappears right away or you get a message saying rkill is infected, keep trying to run rkill until it over powers the infection and temporarily kills it. Once a log appears on the screen, you can try running malwarebytes or downloading other programs.

Please post the log that Malwarebytes displays on your screen.

Download OTL to your Desktop

•Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
•Click on Minimal Output at the top
•Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
◦When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL. Just post the OTL.txt file in your reply.

Then post the logs from the following 4 programs.

1. Adwcleaner
2. Junkware removal tool
3. Malwarebytes
4. OTL

kopi

Now I tried to connect it to Wi-Fi and that work alright. Just the ethernet cable is the problem, so I doubt it is virus.

kopi

I did, it says it is updated. I also use network restart option. It still doesnt work.
I also pasted what I get if I type ipconfig /all in command line.

Attachments

• Slika nove bitne slike.jpg
    Slika nove bitne slike.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 8

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
See that autoconf ipv4 address you have in the screenshot? For whatever reason, you aren't getting a dhcp lease. If it's working as erratically as you say, maybe your modem is starting to fail. Maybe it's the port on your PC. Maybe it's something else. Maybe the modem MAC locks (does any ISP still do that?) and that's why one PC works and the other doesn't.

kopi

I contacted ISP and thay said too many IPS are being used, and if I connect computer via router it should work and it does(wirelessly and vit ethernet cable). But than I tried again connecting it directly to modem and it still does not work. Is there any possibility that it would work like that(becauy previusly it did). I wouild like that because this cable is shared between TV and computer and TV does not work if it connected via router.

beers

Staff member
You need the router to perform Nat. What happened to the other router?

What they were describing is the limited amount of IP addresses they provide straight from the modern. In order to share a single address you would need a router. You're not getting q DHCP address since they already allocated the single address to something else at your house.

Just buy a new router and it will solve your problems.