normal or too hot?

kof2000

is running at 59C not how about 59 lol is running at constant 59c i think mother board monitor software is not accurate or the hardware monitor in bios is not accurate, the software reads is running at 72c while the bios said is running at 59c

Last edited:

ZER0X

VIP Member
59c is still pretty hot, mine gets up to 54c when fully loading but then drops back down when it's not fully in-use :)

kof2000

it is just stock cooling though.

i left the computer idle without anything running other than maybe norton antivirus and fire wall and is still running at 72c lol is it possible the thermal paste is not touching the chip? i know the fan is working and i do remember it clicked when i installed it.

Last edited:

ZER0X

VIP Member
kof2000 said:
i left the computer idle without anything running other than maybe norton antivirus and fire wall and is still running at 72c lol is it possible the thermal paste is not touching the chip? i know the fan is working and i do remember it clicked when i installed it.

The Thermal paste should be touching the CPU :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
really? uh well is not turning off lol
Thats because you have an Intel system -- they dont have that protection built in. Of course the user should be able to yoink a power cable.

is running at 59C not how about 59 lol is running at constant 59c
I dunno why you "lol" so much .... those temps are nothin to laugh at. 59 is ecessively hot for Pentium4s

it is just stock cooling though.
Doesnt matter.

lol is it possible the thermal paste is not touching the chip?
If you installed it then only you know :)

Oh yer if it's AMD that's fine
Hardly ... its excessively high regardless -- and if that was a poke at AMD, have a look at the P4Es (and the P4-Ms)

ZER0X

VIP Member
Hardly ... its excessively high regardless -- and if that was a poke at AMD, have a look at the P4Es (and the P4-Ms)

Yes I know....AMD can handle that heat though.....but yes it is hot :(

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I know....AMD can handle that heat though
They cant "handle" it per se but rather their motherboards save them from meltdown (all except one mobo ive encountered which didnt self-terminate heehee)