Not excatly for this Forum,

Hellfire

Anyway I need a new pc, good, fast and lots of Ram and nice large HDD, not to expensive either so if anyone has one for sale please PM me, In england is Very Ideal,

many thanks

Last edited:

Fure6

how much are you willing to spend? no one can find a pc for someone with out knowing their budget...

Hellfire

Ok here we go,

A nice 1.5-2.0ghz min
a decent 128meg graphics card capable of playing HL2
512ram DDR
sound card obviously lol,
Large HDD probably 80gig(ish)
CD/RW maybe Dvd,
Monitor,
At least 4usb ports for my printers/cams, on the front,
and Room for a second HDD or a another cd/dvd rw
kayboard no mouses needed but will accept as I have a decent trackball

I think thats aboyt it, budget anything between £0 lol and about £500maybe more depends, give me a quote,

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
a decent 128meg graphics card capable of playing HL2
Dude a GeForce3Ti500 can play HL2 (and i've checked) ... not too well but it's capable ... somewhere between a GF3Ti500 and a GF4Ti4200 is the minimum for HL2. Ideally anything above Ti4400 can handle HL2.

Western Digital 160GB 7200 8MB - $120USD
Chenming601AE+400W Enermax - $75USD
Thermaltake SilentBoost/ExtremeVolcano12 - $45USD
OCZ PC3200 2x256MB - $160USD
LiteOn 52x32x52 or LG CDRW/DVD ComboDrive - $30USD
AMD AthlonXP 3200 Barton - $125USD
Abit NF7-S - $100USD
Radeon9600Pro/GFX5700U - $145USD
Net cost $800USD

You can throw in a soundcard or use the Soundstorm. Your call if you want to get a monitor at the cost of cheaping out on some of the parts

Hellfire

Mmmm.. well the nets not a problem I got a usb DSL modem.. but I'd prefer to look for a complete system/tower instead of building one,

Thank you mate.

Hellfire

then it costs alot more if I buy it, second hand I don't mind but a brand new one would set me back alot, up and even a grand

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
then it costs alot more if I buy it
I dont live over in England but it shouldnt be too different: it wont cost more ... wait that's a bad way of saying it. I should say "you will end up spending a certain amount of money anyways, you might as well get a good system or at least a system with parts you want rather than some jumbaloo of cheap parts scrambled together ot make the most profit"

4W4K3

VIP Member
1. if you CAN'T build it yourself...learn.
2. if you're too busy to build it yourself...make time.
3. if you're just too lazy to build it yourself...get off your butt.

in my opinion there is NO excuse to not build your own computer. its worth it, you learn more, you have fun...i dont see why people go and spend $2K on a manufactured computer when you could save $300 (estimate) immediate and overtime probably alot more. manufacturer upgrades will drain your wallet. just an opinion...

Hellfire

4W4K3 said:
1. if you CAN'T build it yourself...learn.
2. if you're too busy to build it yourself...make time.
3. if you're just too lazy to build it yourself...get off your butt.

in my opinion there is NO excuse to not build your own computer. its worth it, you learn more, you have fun...i dont see why people go and spend $2K on a manufactured computer when you could save $300 (estimate) immediate and overtime probably alot more. manufacturer upgrades will drain your wallet. just an opinion...

I cant build my own pc.. the one I am on is homemade, my mates one i built.. my old one i built..

I don't have time to build my own one or aquire the parts because I do not have time..

4W4K3

VIP Member
Hellfire said:
I don't have time to build my own one or aquire the parts because I do not have time..

that my friend is not any excuse in my book! if you work all day, stay up at night a few extra hours. not ALL night...just a few, 2-3. in a weeks time you have a compter built....maybe sooner. if you seriously have NO time in your life to do things to save you money you should think about re-planning your schedule. it might not be instintaneous, but say you have an event next week that you could afford to miss...miss it and take a break from life. dont even build your computer. just find gaps in your schedule to rest and after a while you might want to actually build it part by part. thats what i do, tooke me a good 2 weeks to get my first computer built cuz i was in skool lol.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Indeedy because is it really neccesary to spend an extra $400-$1000 "becauase you dont have time"? Maybe. But I wouldnt think so. It dont take that long to build a computer (hell the hardest thing there is to it is getting the mobo attatched to the case :p)

Hellfire

The reason I don't have time is because I've been out of hospital for 2weeks, I can barely get to a PC as it is..

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The reason I don't have time is because I've been out of hospital for 2weeks, I can barely get to a PC as it is..
No need to justify to us :) (well not to me at least, I can definitely understand not having enough time) .... the point me and 4W4K3 are trying to convey is that it costs so much more than its worth to have it store bought. The second best option would be to find yourself a tech savvy friend to either do it for free or cheap :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
the point me and 4W4K3 are trying to convey is that it costs so much more than its worth to have it store bought. The second best option would be to find yourself a tech savvy friend to either do it for free or cheap :)

you say it so much better than me lol :D

Hellfire

I would do it, well I got offered a comp from here:) so maybe, now it's over budget though so I gotta try and find some more capital..