wat do u prefer Nvidia or ATI

• Nvidia

Votes: 908 68.3%
  • ATI

Votes: 421 31.7%

• Total voters

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
LOL.. yet another poll :).. Well you missed an option or two but that's OK.. I'm not going to choose as they are both great companys with great products.. Last time around I bought ATI because they where offering the best bang for the buck and this time around a choose Nvidia and next time who knows :)..

computerdude2004

I have had experience with both manufacturer's and I believe ATI is better than NVidia. To me the ATI's have better quality and they work better with TV tuner cards.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I have to say it.. Sorry for all those of which I offend but here it goes.

Its soooooooo damn silly to pick one over the other and then say that one is better then the other. They are both great company’s and both have great products.

What’s good this year is not necessarily going to be what's good next.. I'd much rather pick a product because it's the best which means NVIDIA’s 6800GT over ATI's X800 Pro this year. Last time around it would have been ATI 9800Pro or XT model over just about all the NVIDIA FX series but unfortunately in my case I could only afford the 9600Pro at that time :-(..

It all comes down to who has the better product at the time.. I'm all about the best bang for the buck because too many good things are missed out when we blindly follow one company because we like it's name.

Also here's the proof for you all. It's that sort of attitude is why the 9800pro/XT is the around the same price and sometimes more then the much better X800 Pro, it's because people dont research and dont really know what they are buying 9x out of 10.. It's a fact ;-)... It's also a fact that this sort of attitude has many people thinking that the 9800Pro is still ATi's top product even when they know of the exsitance of the X800Pro.

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
i just got my new card today
HIS excalibur x800xt iceqII 256mb platinum edition

Very nice :).. you fire up any games yet? I've got half life 2 on the way :) should be here in a couple of hours, my fiance bought it for me :).

Southy

I have heard that ATI has a problem with drivers, and getting updated drivers... is that true? It seems to scare alot of people away from buying an ATI card, none the less my preference is NVIDIA

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I have heard that ATI has a problem with drivers, and getting updated drivers... is that true? It seems to scare alot of people away from buying an ATI card, none the less my preference is NVIDIA

FALSE... They come out with new drivers every month just about.. that's alot more then Nvidia. Also ATi's drivers are fairly solid.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
FALSE... They come out with new drivers every month just about.. that's alot more then Nvidia. Also ATi's drivers are fairly solid.
1. Fairly solid is good enough for most people but not enough for everyone (take for instance the Doom3 problem on ATI cards in the transition from AlphaLab3 to AlphaLabs4)
2. Dont forget Windows isnt the only OS.
3. I dont think nVidia needs to come out with monthly drivers......... :)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
1. Fairly solid is good enough for most people but not enough for everyone (take for instance the Doom3 problem on ATI cards in the transition from AlphaLab3 to AlphaLabs4)

True I suppose but i've never had problems in the past and what was wrong with the transition from alphalab3 to alphalabs4? It played equaly crappy on my last computer with no really noticable difference anywhere.. LOL

. I dont think nVidia needs to come out with monthly drivers.........

I agree.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
True I suppose but i've never had problems in the past and what was wrong with the transition from alphalab3 to alphalabs4? It played equaly crappy on my last computer with no really noticable difference anywhere.. LOL
I myself never had problems there myself (9800XT v4.9) but my friends 9800Pro/9000/9550 v4.8 were experiencing whitescreen+mass speckling as Alphalabs4 loaded .... could replicate on my system when i poped back to v4.8 ... this for sure is not to say nVidia is without flaws (and in all honesty, nvidia was the more troublesome of the pair during the beta phase of D3) ... but generally there are fewer complications

:)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
but my friends 9800Pro/9000/9550 v4.8 were experiencing whitescreen+mass speckling as Alphalabs4 loaded ....

:) that is strange but I now seem to remember reading somthing on this.. I was at the time using a Radeon 9600 Pro from saphire and never had the problem myself.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
On all the Radeon cards ive played with, thsoe mass specklies were fixed with 4.9Beta so it wasnt a life shattering experience.

*Thread sticked*