Omg Not Now!

Fire

Ok i finally got my comp to work! I have a Asus K8v SE Deluxe... It loadined into BIOS and i updated time and then date and then changed it to AMD cool n' queit technology and did Exit and Save. SO it restarted and then now all it does is beeps Loud and the monitor says Please Check Signal Cable. Please help!

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
It sounds like your video card is not seated properly.. take it out and put it back in making sure that's it's in completely

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
if that does not work then if you have another video card then put that in and see if it works. that would help rule out a possibly bad video card.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
if it was just working and you've not really done anything with your computer then it's very possible that the video card is OK.. but that is a video error which could mean a poorly seated video card or a malfunctioning video card. could also be motherboard.

Fire

i called Asus but they said they had alot of calls and to leave my # and a descrpition about 3 hours ago they still havent gotten back!

Fire

i took it out an replugged it in should i really push on it or something? my brother said he could clear C Mos or soemthign like that... will that help? should i hit the video card? should i smash comp on ground and kick it? I have had so many problems with my first comp!

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
clearing the cmos just might do the trick assuming that something was changed in the bios that resulting in the error.

As far as pushing in the video card.. they sometimes need a fair bit of force but if you cannot see the connectors that plug into the agp slot then it should be fine.. if you can see them then you need to push it in further. is there a lock for the card on the slot? if that wont slide (lock) then it's prob. not pushed in far enough.

Last edited:

Fire

can you post how to do it? my bro knows but he just wants 2 make sure he doesnt make thigns worse if he forgot anything! he learned hwo to like 3 years ago! and what exactly does this do?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
hmmmmm, not sure about that.. if it's an agp card then it should work alright.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
can you post how to do it? my bro knows but he just wants 2 make sure he doesnt make thigns worse if he forgot anything! he learned hwo to like 3 years ago! and what exactly does this do?

You mean clear the cmos? you'll need to check your manual for the jumper. It usualy consists of moving a jumper and or pulling the cmos battery for a few seconds

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Oh and what it does is set your motherboards settings back to factory defaults.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
It's an asus mobo so did it come with a large sticker possibley in the manual or in the box for the mobo that says MOTHERBOARD SETTINGS and showing a rough layout of your motherboard?