? on water cooling a P4

mike11d11

wondering if any knows what kind and where i can get a good water cooling device for my p4 3.2 prescott processor. cant keep the cpu cool enough with my heatsink. maybe around $100?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
do you think that aquarius II is compatible with that case?
Not according to Tt it isnt :) I believe the Xaser cases are the only ones "deemed compatible" although it might just be a bunch of marketing hocus. Ive not done watercooling (only FA, FA+Peltier and Vapor) so i dunno

mike11d11

what about those electic peltiers, do think one of those could do the job in cooling the cpu. i've been seeing those around, saw one on ebay today for $75!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Everything you can think of for water cooling
I wouldnt quite say eeeeeeeeverything :p

what about those electic peltiers, do think one of those could do the job in cooling the cpu. i've been seeing those around, saw one on ebay today for $75!
Peltiers are cool but unless you've got a super ultra beast fan on the other side of it you'll want to hook up a water or vapor unit otherwise it'll burn itself out heehee

kb1ghc

i like frozenCPU.com's selection of watercooling stuff, but if i had enough money, i would watercool EVERYTHING! every tiny component

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Why watercool if money isnt a concern? Watercooling, while much more effective than forced air cooling isnt that effective. If money's not an issue, vapor phase is the way to go