Opinions on rig?

ChrisUlrich

Some Kandalf Case for $300. I forgot the website they advertised it on.
E6600 Conroe Processor - $360
ABIT AB9 Pro Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard (160$)
2 250gb Harddrives. 16mb Cache, 7200 SATA 3.0GB. $170
BFG 7900GT - $340
X-FI Fatality Sound Card - $275
2 x 1gb Corsair XMS PC6400 RAM - $323
Enermax 650 Watt Power Supply - $160
4 120mm fans and 2 80mm fans - $100
DVD/CD-RW with Lightscribe technology. - $90
Windows XP Pro - $140
This is the monitor I finally picked out!!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824005070

$270 for install/testing/warranty.

So it comes out to exactly $3500... (3511 actually).

I am so psyched! I should have it by the end of this week 8/11!! What you guys think!?

What game would push this system to it's limits on max settings? I want to see what kind of stress this can handle! I also want to see how badass graphics have gotten as of late. haha

Last edited:

ChrisUlrich

Absolutely godly? hahahahaha

No other parts you wouldn't swap out?

Any opinions on the upgrade from "Platinum" to "Fatality" on the sound card? If it's worth the extra $100 or not? I am HUGE into music and clarity in sound. So if it does in fact sharpen sound and offer more equalizing options... then boo yah!

Redbull{wings}

ive never heard of or seen that case before so i dont know much about it but dont you think 300 is a bit much? i mean your case is worth more than your mb...but idk as far as cases go

ChrisUlrich

Yea I have thought about too... $300 is a lot for a case. But it's nice and has 4x120mm fans and 2x80mm fans. Full Tower as well... but I dunno. I am little ignorant in cases.

What kinda black case do you suggest? I like my black case with side window so I can throw in nice UV and colorful lights. haha

H-Bomb

Check out Ku-Sama's rig, that's more appropriate for your choice of words.
Yeah as if his FX-62 wasn't enough he's gone and got a Core 2 Duo Extreme X6800 and a 7950GTX. I swear he has cracked the secret to making money grow on trees :D

ChrisUlrich

Some Kandalf Case for $300. It comes with Liquid Cooling!
E6600 Conroe Processor - $360
ABIT AB9 Pro Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard (160$)
2 250gb Harddrives. 16mb Cache, 7200 SATA 3.0GB. $170
BFG 7900GT - $340
X-FI Fatality Sound Card - $275
2 x 1gb Corsair XMS PC6400 RAM - $323
Enermax 650 Watt Power Supply - $160
4 120mm fans and 2 80mm fans - $100
DVD/CD-RW with Lightscribe technology. - $90
Windows XP Pro - $140
This is the monitor I finally picked out!!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824005070

$270 for install/testing/warranty.

So it comes out to exactly $3500... (3511 actually).

I am so psyched! I should have it by the end of this week 8/11!! What you guys think!?

What game would push this system to it's limits on max settings? I want to see what kind of stress this can handle! I also want to see how badass graphics have gotten as of late. haha

bigsaucybob

That looks nice, smart choice when it came to the HDD configuration.

If your case comes with liquid cooling then why are you getting 6 fans?

The monitor is nice but once again, I would get lower ms. I am sure it will be fine though.

Its quite a nice computer, I would buy it soon. Try Oblivion to push the limits.

ChrisUlrich

where are you planning to get your e6600?

Hard TO GET ONE

I ordered the computer yesterday actually. The E6600 is actually a problem for us. But the owner of Ice E PC is doing whatever he can to get one for me. I am nervous about that because I don't know what to get just incase they don't have one available.

6 fans plus Liquid Cooling? That would be entirely badass. hahaha :)

Oblivion? That would push the limits? A friend of mine had a 6600gt, AMD 64 3800, and 1gb of ram, and running it on the "Ultra" settings and it was running pretty good. I would put my hand through the monitor if I couldn't run it with this setup!

H-Bomb

Speaking of Core 2 Duo i just checked on Scan.co.uk and they have them stocked. Only trouble is the X6800 Extreme is £773 !! I new the extreme was going to be expensive but just not that expensive! I suppose thats why more people are opting for the E6300 or the E6400 and then possibly overclocking

ChrisUlrich

Speaking of Core 2 Duo i just checked on Scan.co.uk and they have them stocked. Only trouble is the X6800 Extreme is £773 !! I new the extreme was going to be expensive but just not that expensive! I suppose thats why more people are opting for the E6300 or the E6400 and then possibly overclocking

Is this place reputable? Think they deliver to the states?