Optical Mice

ian

Administrator
Staff member
This would have to be my favorite accesory. I use a cheap wheel mouse at work which is hopeless. Nearly bought a wireless mouse, but thought I would probably get sick of the batteries running out and it probably servers no useful purpose being wireless.

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
yeah, optical mice are a cool invention. i have to clean my logitec mouseman wheel mouse at least once a week, because it starts to collect enough dirt to where it is noticeable in its function. i got a cheap MS optical mouse for my laptop, and it's great.

not quite sure what my favourite accessory would be though. *shrug*

PS: ian, where is my smily?

[tab]

[...]
I like my optical mouse too. I asked for one at work and they laughed because they thought I was joking... I wasn't.

Christopher

VIP Member
Never tried a wireless before. Being at this forum 2 minutes and I've already got a couple items on my Christmas list ;)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
We spend millions and millions of dollars at work, and they skimp on a 30 dollar mouse....

Aleksey

LOL
Optical mice are nice....
But wiresless aren't very good, particualrly because in most cases, they could easily get messed - up a lot of things could interfier with their signal, and they act like they have slow refresh rate. Either that or they actually have a slow refresh rate. and I dont' get the use for it anyway - what are you, going to use your mouse 10ft away from your monitor?

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
i would kinda like a wireless keyboard though. i have only used one wireless mouse thus far and it seemed to work just fine. it was a logitech.

mordak

just bought a wireless mouse, fed up of cleaning the one i have now......after eagerly waiting 1 week for it to be delivered.......it dont work! lifescruel! :(

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
mordak said:
just bought a wireless mouse, fed up of cleaning the one i have now......after eagerly waiting 1 week for it to be delivered.......it dont work! lifescruel! :(
sorry to hear about your bad luck.

well my mom got a new wireless optical mouse. it is a micros innovation mouse...she got it for $40. it came with a cradle, rechargeable batteries, and a installation guide as good as a colorwheel for the blind. it took me 3 hours to get it to work but i finally got it ^^ the cradle recharges the mouse when not in use, like those ibm bluetooth mice going for $120. i understand where wires would be bothersome, but i like my ibm optical mouse with its blue led wheel. it shines BLUE! ^^ my mom hasnt had any problems with its refresh rate but then again she isnt a gamer, she is just an old lady.

[tab]

[...]
I've seen peope mod their MS mouse to put a blue LED in it... u need a different resister as well, but it doesn't look too difficult.

Coolest mouse mod I ever saw was this one:
Project Cryo.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
you are right, that is way cool. The frozen look was quite authentic too.