pcmark04 score

mgoldb2

VIP Member
My new computer scored a 4987 on pcmark04. this seems a little low to me. Is this correct for my setup. computer info in sig.

4W4K3

VIP Member
thats way too low for your rig.

My little rig and 9200 score 4200 exactly (my highest so far). I would think your should be MUCH higher.

mgoldb2

VIP Member
could it be low because I used window media 8.0 when you suppose to use 9.0. I dont have internet yet to upgrade it. I buying a wirless card this weekend so I can connect to the internet in my room.

4W4K3

VIP Member
mgoldb2 said:
could it be low because I used window media 8.0 when you suppose to use 9.0. I dont have internet yet to upgrade it. I buying a wirless card this weekend so I can connect to the internet in my room.

i dont think WMP has anything to do with it. :confused:

mgoldb2

VIP Member
I check a review of the athlon 64 fx-55 and for cpu score my 5001 was about the same as what they got.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
4W4K3 said:
i dont think WMP has anything to do with it. :confused:
pcmark04 runs a wmv9 encoding process but I have wmp10 and the wmp9 codecs and the wmv encoding still fails, on top of which it refuses to score my system :mad: oh well, benchmarks aren't really my thing

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Cromewell said:
pcmark04 runs a wmv9 encoding process but I have wmp10 and the wmp9 codecs and the wmv encoding still fails, on top of which it refuses to score my system :mad: oh well, benchmarks aren't really my thing
lol yeah I noticed when I ran the benchmark an alert box came up and told me I needed windows media player 9 or higher...

usually v.10 is higher than v.9 ... I guess I could be wrong..........

4W4K3

VIP Member
Cromewell said:

but that's just the encoding process. you can download any version of Windows Encoder from Microsoft, and use it while still keeping your current version of WMP. I thought u meant the actual player lol. i have WMP 10 and WMV9 Encoding and it runs fine...

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
yes I have the encoders as well and I can encode wmv files, but the pcmark process still fails. Like I said though, I'm not that worried about it.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Cromewell said:
yes I have the encoders as well and I can encode wmv files, but the pcmark process still fails. Like I said though, I'm not that worried about it.

are you running defaults or are you overclocked?

i can run super_pi for an hour and not have any issues. but 10 mins into pcmark and it fails. turns out after i reinstalled gfx drivers and reseated card it runs fine...worth a try if u want.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
No I'm not OCing anything, I haven't been able to figure out what pcmarks deal is just yet. when I decide to be unlazy I'll tweak some stuff to try and fix it

kopanowsall

Then it doesnt go in that high of inteval as 3d mark does.. Then low 4000 is ok and as u go up to high 4000 and even 5000 is great then.

Common Logic people -_-;;

4W4K3

VIP Member
lol i cant get my score beyond 4000 anymore not that im downclocked to 2.3Ghz. Highest at this speed is 3956. I think at 2.6GHz i can push for 4400. I had 4200 before i tweaked my videocard settings, then rig stopped being 2.6GHz stable. stupid PSU.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
What are your FLOP ratings? (stupid PCMark ... cant aggregate FLOP scores to a single sindex ... mutter ... grumble)