People Please help me. 911

Scrapped>.<

will it is about this camera. I posted a question before. here is the link http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=12796

I asked the seller to cancel my bid since the discription was a bit misleading. but he just wount. we exchanged couble emails and now he is saying if i don't pay he will report me to all three credit agencies (what 3 Credit agencies?) I am not from USA but I live here so I have no idea how these things works. so please guys help me.

Edited

Last edited:

Scrapped>.<

What should I say to him next? I am at a lost. I am a high school student but i don't have the understandings that are required to push him or her back. the PayPal acout is my Dads but i have his permistion to use it. if he were to find out i am sure he will never let me use it agian.

Please any body help me.

thank you thank you thank you very much

lynx6200

How was his add misleading? If it was false advertising, you could do something about that, but according to the ebay rules, your bid was binding. You could always buy it than re-sell it on ebay.

Scrapped>.<

lynx6200 said:
How was his add misleading? If it was false advertising, you could do something about that, but according to the ebay rules, your bid was binding. You could always buy it than re-sell it on ebay.

on the discribtion it says 10Mp digital camera but it is not, it is 3Mp. I didn't know about that so i went for it.

atomic

quote from the seller "You may return your product for up to 30 days if you are not completely satisfied. The item must be returned in new or as good as new condition. If you would like to return your item please contact us at so that we can provide you a RMA number and provide you with a return address. Shipping fees are non-refundable. All returns will be charged a 15% restocking fee. We will not accept returns that do not meet the above guidelines. Thank you for shopping with Electronic Wholesalers!" ...This sounds like your best bet to tell you the truth

Scrat

spacedude89 said:
since they cant "lie" about it because of ebays policys, (not saying they didnt, but they shouldnt have) it is most likely a camera with an interpolated algorithm, here is a good explanation from http://www.steves-digicams.com:

-="Interpolated - Software programs can enlarge image resolution beyond the actual resolution by adding extra pixels using complex mathematic calculations."=-
I had a quick look at the manufactures website which also lists it as a 10Mega Pixel camera... because of this i beleave that you will have a very hard time trying to convince Ebay, PayPal or anyother organisation to take your side.

Scrapped>.< said:
we will report you to Ebay as a non payer AND we will report you to all three credit agencies and refer you to collections
By this he would mean that they report you to Ebay as a "Non-payer" which black-lists your account on Ebay = no one will sell to you.
The bit about reporting you to the credit agencies... if you paid using a credit card or a PayPal account funded by a creditcard, then they basicaly black-list you in the real world(outside ebay) as well... so next time you pop down the back for a new loan, you may have a hard time convincing them to lend you money.
Example: Say you apply for a new "invoiced/credit" account with an online store (so that you dont have to send them money first everytime you order something), they will call up the "Credit Agencies" and see if you are a 'good' payer/ don't have debts.

I'd say your best bet would be to follow Lynx6200 or Atomics advice.

Scrapped>.<

Scrat said:
I had a quick look at the manufactures website which also lists it as a 10Mega Pixel camera... because of this i beleave that you will have a very hard time trying to convince Ebay, PayPal or anyother organisation to take your side.

On the manufactures website did it say anything about the lance type being 3.1Mp? because I saw another seller on ebay listed that it is 10Mp but he also listed the actual Mp under the lance which is 3.1Mp please post the link to the site for me. thanks

By this he would mean that they report you to Ebay as a "Non-payer" which black-lists your account on Ebay = no one will sell to you.
The bit about reporting you to the credit agencies... if you paid using a credit card or a PayPal account funded by a creditcard, then they basicaly black-list you in the real world(outside ebay) as well... so next time you pop down the back for a new loan, you may have a hard time convincing them to lend you money.
Example: Say you apply for a new "invoiced/credit" account with an online store (so that you dont have to send them money first everytime you order something), they will call up the "Credit Agencies" and see if you are a 'good' payer/ don't have debts.

I'd say your best bet would be to follow Lynx6200 or Atomics advice.

I think it is to late for me to follow Lynx6200 or Atomics advice(I was think of it yestoday) but I didn't answer sellers last email so This morning when i got up I saw the -Feeback that he has laft me and said he had reported me to ebay.

Is there any whay that i can find out if he did report me to PalPay or not? if so how? How can i sent a dispute to Paypal? How does it work? what do i need to do?

Please people help me.

I know I am in a possition where i can't say anything even though I am not a wrong here. I mean a misleading discription is a misleading discription right, but according to the law he was not lieing so. once agian, what can i do. I am not the PalPay account holder, My dad is, I only have the permision to use it. If he were ever to find out about I am sure he is going to be mad.

jcnoernberg

there is ABSOLUTELY NO LEGAL RAMIFICATION possible from not paying an ebayer. the WORST they can do is close your ebay account, and they wont even do that before you don't pay three different times. They say that the bid is legally binding just to scare you. Did you sign a legal contract? No. They can do nothing to your credit nor your bank. Just remember: ebay is simply an online garage sale! just because they accept credit cards doesn't mean they can touch your credit! you need to exercise common sense when you see an item that sounds too good to be true...

in his defense, I see that your emails to him were hostile and in poor judgement. you were threatening him before even explaning the situation. if you would have asked nicely to have your bid canceled, he may have done it. now he has given you bad feedback in spite.

Scrapped>.<

jcnoernberg said:
there is ABSOLUTELY NO LEGAL RAMIFICATION possible from not paying an ebayer. the WORST they can do is close your ebay account, and they wont even do that before you don't pay three different times. They say that the bid is legally binding just to scare you. Did you sign a legal contract? No. They can do nothing to your credit nor your bank. Just remember: ebay is simply an online garage sale! just because they accept credit cards doesn't mean they can touch your credit! you need to exercise common sense when you see an item that sounds too good to be true...

Thanks for explaining. I Appreciate it.

in his defense, I see that your emails to him were hostile and in poor judgement. you were threatening him before even explaning the situation. if you would have asked nicely to have your bid canceled, he may have done it. now he has given you bad feedback in spite.

This is a "" from my email. "Have you saw my last email?" You see I sented him an email before the one that I posted on this thread(I didn't post it because I don't remember word by word.) I asked him to withdraw my bid and give the rights to buy this item to the next person on line, but he didn't answer...

To tell you the truth I don't think my emails were hostile, all i did was told him what I think. But I do know what you mean.

thanks

Last edited:

cell4me

banned
Look at his feed back! Other people said the same thing about his cameras...leave him bad feedback also! Say (camera was not 10mp but 3mp) and dont worry about it nothing will come about it trust me I deal on ebay all the time, it will cost him more money to try to collect what you owe for this camera and he would have to take you to court and sue you for the binding contract and that means he would have to come all the way to your state to do it! Just take the bad feedback and move on with your life, everyone one ebay will sooner or later get a bad feedback!