Playstation 3

bebopin64

So...UPDATE

Gonna have 8 for sale. $1500 each. Will post a picture of the pile of PS3's with a piece of paper on them. The paper will say bebopin64 (my screen name) and it will also say Computer Forum on it. I don't know exactly but I estimate shipping to be about $30. So thats the deal.

Last edited:

bball4life

According to the local best buy add here they are getting a minimum of 20 60GB versions and 6 20GB versions, don't know how you will get 20 or 30 though, doubt they will let you out with more then 1 if there is a line.

kof2000

if it was his boss selling it to him it would be pretty dumb idea because the ps3 will attract more customers and sales on its games and stuff and here we're looking for a 17 yr old shelling out 18000 dollars.

bebopin64

me and 20 of my friends are going to show up at frys electronics at 6am with 14000 cash in hand. i am going to buy every unit they have. from the looks of it this will be the only place i can make it too before they are all gone so now im looking at having 15-20 ps3's to sell. i talked to some people at frys about what it was like when the xbox 360 came out and they told me there was no line because people dont really know about the store all that well.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Next monday I will have 20-30 PS3s for sale. Depending on what they are selling for on ebay i will be selling mine for $1200-$1500. And to eradicate any threat of scamming I will take pics with the consoles with a peice of paper that has my username and that says computer forum on it. im starting pre sales on these sytems right now.

oooh great so your one of those people who go out and purchase 20-30 of the latest consoles and selling them on ebay way overpriced to make a profit.

Maybe you shouldnt be so selfish...Theres gonna be lots of kids out there that want a Ps3 and wont be able to get one because theyve all sold out...And why?

Because some selfish person brought them all to make a profit.
:mad:

Im sorry but this makes me angry...Last christmas my little cousin wanted an Xbox 360 and because people were doing what you intend to do he couldnt get one.

Stores should limit 1 console to 1 person ONLY!

Anyone agree?

kof2000

where i got my ps2 on launch date they limit 1 per customer and they have a total of 50. i lined up 3am to 9am to get one and i'm 4th in line. funny how they're all parents lining up for their kids. well i mean if they want it so bad they should make their kids line up and wait for their own ps2. man those spoiled children lol.

this goes the same for the ps3. i dont think i would wanna buy the first version of ps3 i dont want to suffer the same fate as how the version ps2 had alot of problems.

bebopin64

im having to go through so much effort to organize getting 20 people out there in the morning because it is being limited to one per person. and fyi if i dont do this the little kids still arent going to be able to go out there after school and get one because they will be sold out to the 25 year old stoners who buy a few and keep one and sell the others. dont get mad at me, because you cant seriously tell me you wouldnt do this to make 10 grand in a few days.

bigsaucybob

I support your efforts to make some cash, but I really don't think you will be getting nearly as many consoles as you think.

There has been talk of shortages of consoles, and I don't think Fry's Electronics is one of the main distributors of consoles. Although they are quite large.

The 360 was released 1 year ago, thats 1 full year for people to see Fry's Electronics. It is a very very popular place from what I have seen and heard. Anyone determind enough to get a PS3 will know about Fry's.

I don't think PS3's will be selling as popular on eBay as people might think.

g4m3rof1337

where i got my ps2 on launch date they limit 1 per customer and they have a total of 50. i lined up 3am to 9am to get one and i'm 4th in line. funny how they're all parents lining up for their kids. well i mean if they want it so bad they should make their kids line up and wait for their own ps2. man those spoiled children lol.

this goes the same for the ps3. i dont think i would wanna buy the first version of ps3 i dont want to suffer the same fate as how the version ps2 had alot of problems.

parents prolly did it cause there kids should sleep...
or tehre adults that want a ps2 lol

bebopin64

i got on the phone and spoke to some high level employee. he told me that because of the shortages thay will only be getting 15-20. and the frys store here in austin is hidden because it is outside of the city for the most part so its still relatively unknown. they arent too big on video games so people dont associate this frys with video games. they told me that the lines really didnt form in front of frys for the xbox until about 10 minutes before opening so to play it safe we will be there at 6 or 7.

Calibretto

VIP Member
oooh great so your one of those people who go out and purchase 20-30 of the latest consoles and selling them on ebay way overpriced to make a profit.

Maybe you shouldnt be so selfish...Theres gonna be lots of kids out there that want a Ps3 and wont be able to get one because theyve all sold out...And why?

Because some selfish person brought them all to make a profit.
:mad:

Im sorry but this makes me angry...Last christmas my little cousin wanted an Xbox 360 and because people were doing what you intend to do he couldnt get one.

Stores should limit 1 console to 1 person ONLY!

Anyone agree?

It's a dog eat dog world out there. Careful where you step.

Saurian

I hope you get the shaft on this whole scheme, and you and your friends just end up with PS3's for yourselves. Seriously. Though, that wouldn't be bad to all have PS3's. Still, this is rediculous.