smitherz said:
AMD Athlon 64 3500 Newcastle Socket 939Pin
Asus Sk8V S940 VIAk8T800
Corsair1024Mb (2x512Mb) Kit 533MHz DDR2 RAM DIMM 1.8V
Seagate Cheetah 146.8 GB Ultra320 SCSI - 10000 rpm 8 MB cache
LG GMA 4020B DVD/RW
ASUS V9999GE/TD/256MB GF 6800+256MB AGP8X

smitherz,

Thats a pretty nice setup ... im thinking of getting something similar .... how well does the system perform?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Too bad its not possible:
- The processor is listed as Socket 939 (which is is)
- The mobo is Socket 940 (http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket940/sk8v/overview.htm)
- The mobo uses Registered DDR memory -- not DDR2
- The video card has 256MB of memory -- not 256+256MB

I was gonna let it slide but I couldnt resist -- if you're gonna have a system like that, make sure its at least believeable :p

4W4K3

VIP Member
lol good observation. didn't notice the KT800 with a 939 CPU. how does one think you can have SLI (256*256) with an AGP slot? weird.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
how does one think you can have SLI (256*256) with an AGP slot
1. I think the intent was to convey that the card somehow had 512MB of memory.
2. SLI works with PCIe cards
3. SLI comes with only some NF4 boards

smitherz

first of all my signature is wrong i noticed, it was my brother who changed it cus he is a prick. the RAM isnt DDR2 and the mobo is wrong. I noticed that he has put the mobo from my other system and i dont own that RAM. i Will change it now. its still a good system and runs F***ing perfectly and stable. it still cost me alot of money that took me ages to save up.
I don't regret buying it.

smitherz

4W4K3

VIP Member
smitherz said:
I don't regret buying it.

u don't regret the Geil? how does it perform? alot of people don't like it, for overclocking anyways. i ran it on a 2.6C to 3.2C and it overclocked just fine at acceptable voltage levels. maybe it's different on intel's i dunno.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
u don't regret the Geil? how does it perform? alot of people don't like it, for overclocking anyways
Geil rules :p (well it certainly comes 2nd on my list ... maybe third ... 2nd is a really hard spot to fit into)

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
Geil rules :p (well it certainly comes 2nd on my list ... maybe third ... 2nd is a really hard spot to fit into)

really? maybe it's just the people i talk to, but it seems everyone hates Geil. I have only messed with it once and got very good results, but whne i recommmend it online everyone is like "you n00b! geil sucks!" then they go off on its pcb design or some minute detail that i wouldn't know lol. there basic blue line is what i messed with.

EDIT: it seems the #1 issue peeps got is the timings, they say it wont run at rated timings (sometimes out of the box, but usually past a 20mhz overclock u have to really loosen them)...i know how u r about timings, so maybe it's not such a big deal. these peeps seem to think "if it has 2.5-3-3-5 timings, IT SUCKS!!!" lol my ram is rated 2-3-2-5 and i got told it "SUCKS!!!" cuz it's not 2-2-2-5...pricks lol.

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
AMD Athlon 64 3500 Newcastle Socket 939Pin
Asus A8V Rev.2 Deluxe (Socket 939)
GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200
Seagate Cheetah 146.8 GB Ultra320 SCSI - 10000 rpm 8 MB cache
LG GMA 4020B DVD/RW
ASUS V9999GE/TD/256MB GF 6800+256MB AGP8X

I would not regret purchasing such a system either :)..

4W4K3

VIP Member
Blue said:
I would not regret purchasing such a system either :)..

lol depends on how much money it cost, i'd stick with a couple "slow" 2.6ghz cheaper machines that one monstrous $5K rig. but thats's just me.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
EDIT: it seems the #1 issue peeps got is the timings, they say it wont run at rated timings (sometimes out of the box, but usually past a 20mhz overclock u have to really loosen them)...i know how u r about timings, so maybe it's not such a big deal. these peeps seem to think "if it has 2.5-3-3-5 timings, IT SUCKS!!!" lol my ram is rated 2-3-2-5 and I got told it "SUCKS!!!" cuz it's not 2-2-2-5...pricks lol.
1. Every company has its nightmare stories
2. Peeps need to start paying for shit themselves rather than having their parents pay for it and they'll be quick to realize what is worth getting and what isnt :)

lol depends on how much money it cost, i'd stick with a couple "slow" 2.6ghz cheaper machines that one monstrous $5K rig. but thats's just me
Hunt around you'd be surprised what you can get :)