powerspec 8420 error

badbri88

My other computer the powerspec 8420 started getting slow from all of the programs my family was downloading and puting onto the computer. It was running fine but very slow so I decided to use the system recovery disk that came with the computer. I followed the directions perfectly on the Emergency System Recovery Instructions. After I restarted the computer it goes to the third or forth screen and where it says at the bottom..
"Verifying DMI Pool Data.....
Boot from CD :
Boot from CD :"
Then the problem is underneath that. It says "Invalid partiton table"
I dont know much about computers and i cant get past this. If you could please help me with this problem it would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

The Hitman

Sounds like "your family" tried to create another partition on the hdd and the new partition is now in the old partitions place; ergo, the needed boot file has been moved and it cannot be located. Another possibility is that someone failed an attempt to install one of the nix's (Linux,Unix, etc.) If you do not have any important information (important documents, pictures, etc.) I'd suggest formatting the hardrive and repartition it. (look in your manuel for the process or create a topic on how to format and reload)