proaetor you specs are a bit confusing

prodigio2k

praetor your specs are a bit confusing

you put your specs are ASUS A8V Deluxe, Athlon64-3500 @2.65GHz
Kingmax 1GB PC3700 OC'd PC4200
640GB [4x160GB, 7200, 8MB]
XFX GeForce6800 GT 256M

but i checked your motherboard and it saids it can only ahndle PC3200 ram,,how come you are able to put pc3700 and even overclock it to pc42,,,i dont understand...how do you do that,and how does it make it wayyy more faster,,,are you using a liquid cooling case??????????????????/ to many questions ,so little time :)

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
you can put faster RAM in any motherboard and it runs at the motherboard speed. Then when overclocking your FSB/HyperTransport BUS you aren't stressing lower speed RAM.
ie. running FSB of 266MHz with PC3200 RAM is hard on the RAM but running the same FSB with PC3700 doesn't stress the RAM at all

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
anything directly affected by the FSB speed will heat up (for most motherboads its only memory & CPU as they allow a fixed link speed to the PCI/PCIe controller)

[KoG]^wEaZel

When you raise the cpu's ghz and all that on my other mobo,(which is a asus p4s533-mx x series)You can run any speed of ram. It just keeps increasing the speed of ram it can handle.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
When you raise the cpu's ghz and all that on my other mobo,(which is a asus p4s533-mx x series)You can run any speed of ram. It just keeps increasing the speed of ram it can handle.
which is what I said ;), but I guess he needs to hear it from praetor :rolleyes:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
proaetor you spECS are a bit confusing
if you want me to take the time to answer your questions -- take the time to get the name right.

i am searching on the interent>>but I can't find anyhting about that, , can you explain?
cease your all capsing.

how do you do that, and how does it make it wayyy more faste
overclocking 101

question, if you overclock the "FSB/hypertransport bus" , which component heats on the mobo? is it the chipset?
at a purely technical level, the power supply heats everything. if you want a more useful answer with respect to the HTT then its the chipset and cpu as thats what the ht operates

. . praetor still havent answer
thats because im not here to answer you specifically -- we have stuff to do and we're not here at your goddamn beck and call.

but I guess he needs to hear it from praetor
well to damn bad. I don't run around chasing after people to answer their bloody questions at beck and call -- least of all when its been superbly answered.