Problems with an old 2.1 Wildfile Goback program

cupps

I am new to this board so I apologize in advance if my form is not correct. I have a Packard Bell system from 1998 that had some problems yesterday morning. I was getting a blue screen indicating a disk drive error. When I pushed my button to continue the system would operate for a few seconds & then give me the blue screen with disk drive error. Once my system started back up I aborted the normal sign on & activated GoBack using the spacebar. At this time I tried to revert my hard drive back to a "safe" time before the incident. As my system was in the midst of the reversion it stopped at 68%. Then I got a black screen that said " Assertion failure at gb_eng.c, line 6354" Internal failure in GoBack. Please push any key to reboot.

When I do this I get back to a tile on GoBack that says that my reversion crashed in midstream and that I must allow the original reversion to finish before I can re-try. The problem is that this loop just keeps going around without an end. I have tried to do what I think is necessary to disable GoBack, which is Ctrl+Alt+G according to my old manual. I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with the old GoBack program and how to disable this program so that I can go back to the hard Drive to try & reassemble it from stratch. Thanks in advance for your time.

TiGa TacTics

cupps said:
I am new to this board so I apologize in advance if my form is not correct. I have a Packard Bell system from 1998 that had some problems yesterday morning. I was getting a blue screen indicating a disk drive error. When I pushed my button to continue the system would operate for a few seconds & then give me the blue screen with disk drive error. Once my system started back up I aborted the normal sign on & activated GoBack using the spacebar. At this time I tried to revert my hard drive back to a "safe" time before the incident. As my system was in the midst of the reversion it stopped at 68%. Then I got a black screen that said " Assertion failure at gb_eng.c, line 6354" Internal failure in GoBack. Please push any key to reboot.

When I do this I get back to a tile on GoBack that says that my reversion crashed in midstream and that I must allow the original reversion to finish before I can re-try. The problem is that this loop just keeps going around without an end. I have tried to do what I think is necessary to disable GoBack, which is Ctrl+Alt+G according to my old manual. I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with the old GoBack program and how to disable this program so that I can go back to the hard Drive to try & reassemble it from stratch. Thanks in advance for your time.

I'm not sure on the software, but it does sound like your hard drive is going bad. I would scan it for bad sectors. You may have to replace the drive and do a fresh load.