Problems with DHCP and new Router

dm2875

Hi,

I have an existing network where the server has a static ip address 192.168.0.1 and is configured with specific DHCP IP address which are used by the other pc's on the network assigned when users log on. The server goes through a netcomm switch and out to the pc's.

The problem I have is that we have purchased an ADSL router, when i add the router to the switch on the network none of the PC's including the server can get access to the internet. In the routers standard settings I can access it through the web interface to make changes to the router through the server however I can not access or ping the router from any other PC's.

I am not sure how to make the changes to a) the router and b) the server so that the IP address in the router can be seen by all pc's on the network and allow internet access to all.

Please help.....

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
DSL ... means you've probably configed the router wrong(?) DSL typically makes use of PPoE rather than DynamicIP :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
DSL is mostly (mostly = damn near everything) PPoE and very occasionally dynamic ... never heard of static (consumer) DSL but its possible