programers, Help me!!!

Jimbob1989

banned
Right I have decided I'm going to make a fire wall in C++ but i'm going to make one with a few extra features. I had a few thoughts. I want an IP CLoaking option and possible an built in virus/sypware/adware scanner for incoming files but with the option to switch this feature off. I want the program to be able to profile the attackers and possibly block them from further attack. I believe this is all physically possible to do but I could do with some help as I've only recently changed to C++ from VB6.

If you have any idea's for extra feature that are actually possible or if you have some code which I could use then please post it here.

Jimbob

Nephilim

VIP Member
I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever seen a self-professed super hacker needing help in a forum.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to make a fire wall in C++
I'm assuming MS C++ but it dont matter much. You can do it but it's certainly not of the calibre of project one jumps into after their "Hello World" proggie let alone one with more features

I want an IP CLoaking option
As you no doubt aware, you cant, without making use of proxies, "cloak" your IP. Even then you arent truely cloaked. Perhaps I've misunderstood you?

an built in virus/sypware/adware scanner for incoming files
Have you managed to get your virusprogram working? I recall seeing a thread about it some time ago

I want the program to be able to profile the attackers and possibly block them from further attack.
"Profiles"??

I believe this is all physically possible
It is.

I've only recently changed to C++ from VB6.
A good change but honestly, there isnt a snowball's chance in hell of you doing this... not after such a brief transition (even if you can handle classes and objects in VB)

if you have some code
Ive got code. But its (a) long and (b) mine and (c) not completed and (d) for my CS project

Jimbob1989

banned
I have some other people helping me. I'm a quick learner. I tought myself Vb in 2 weeks so C++ should take about 4 weeks to learn... hoping so anyway. Have 7 weeks off school so i have a while to get things done. Some of the features I've played with in VB6 but not in C++.

Jimbob

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I tought myself Vb in 2 weeks so C++ should take about 4 weeks to learn... hoping so anyway.
I congratulate you on your resolve. .. honestly i do ... but 4 weeks is an extremely generous timeframe to master C++ .... C++ isnt like VB ... it's not so .. straightforward ... C++ programmers who've dabbled with VB can appreciate the difference :p

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes but you havnt mastered Linux. If you did, you'd be using linux as a firewall ... much easier to implement.

Christopher

VIP Member
I'll have to take Praetor's side on this one. It's one thing to know how to do something, it's something totally different to have mastered it.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yep ... it thought i knew shit ... then i sat in on 3rd year CS courses.... and felt stupid real fast :p