PS3 died

Ignorantguy

Was watching a redbox movie last night and it just shut off. Tried to turn it back on, starts up green for a second or two then beeps 3 times and shuts off flashing red constantly. I did a little googling and some say PSU, YLOD(youre SOL), and some say it needs to cool off. I dont think its a cooling issue. We didnt even get thru the previews before it shut off. Theres no way it couldve been over heated. Anyone have experience with this? Anything would help. Right now I just want to get the movie out so I dont get charged every day. I dont know the model off the top my head but its the Metal Gear 4 bundled PS3. Piano black; last one thats backwards compatible. Also I cant get it to boot to recovery so thats out.

G80FTW

Sounds like its telling you its time to upgrade ;)

Also, youll only get charged until the movie is paid for. Probably $15-20 depending on the movie. If you really want to get it out, you might have to take the PS3 apart. Should be a simple task, just watch a youtube video showing you how to do it. Probably take maybe 15 minutes.

Apart from that, if its had time to cool off and still wont come on chances are its done.

Last edited: