PS3 start failure.

Qwertyn

Hello everyone, recently my old PS3 Slim console can't start. I purchased the console in 2011 but I think it was made in 2010. I've used this machine for gaming for most of it's years, but only recently have I stopped and only used it for Netflix - YouTube.

Since I got this console when I was young and new to gaming in general I did not know the value of dusting so I never dusted it ever and I never bothered to clean it. Recently I got a little worried when the machine was making really loud fan noises and was getting pretty hot, but I thought the machine was just showing it's age and it was nothing.

When I started the machine I would always hear its loud hardrive that sort of sounded like a submarine. Now when I turn the machine on it does not make the sound and the hardive light does not light up. When I try to turn the machine off it does not turn of so I have to physically pull the power cord out.

I have no idea what to do and completely lost on how to fix this, please help.... :(

Qwertyn

It is a weird situation. I got the PS3 working again two days ago, but now when I start the ps3 the hardrive works, but it only works for the first five seconds. If my hardive is dead im guessing all my saves are discarded and lost? Aswell as if there is anyway of getting a new PS3 hardrive?

beers

Staff member
Any 2.5" 9mm drive up to 1tb will work. I threw a 1tb western digital black into mine .

You'll just have to go through the recover process for the OS, although game saves and similar will be lost if they were exclusively saved on that failed drive.