Question for all you smart guys! Please help!

supernoob

Hello, my second pc is a gateway m1000 1gb/384/40 . When I search for upgrading possibilities, most places say 512mb is tops on RAM. But also they all say 2 sockets....mine has 3?? Can anyone help? Trying to get the little PIII in tip top shape.....maybe? Upgrade processor? Does have AGP slot....maybe gaming machine?

Bobo

banned
supernoob said:
Hello, my second pc is a gateway m1000 1gb/384/40 . When I search for upgrading possibilities, most places say 512mb is tops on RAM. But also they all say 2 sockets....mine has 3?? Can anyone help? Trying to get the little PIII in tip top shape.....maybe? Upgrade processor? Does have AGP slot....maybe gaming machine?

I dunno about the RAM, I would imagine the max would then be 768MB

Maybe not a gaming maching. What kind of AGP slot? (i.e. 1x, 2x, 4x, etc)

supernoob

hey bobo...since you told me my poor emachine was crap....maybe this has some more gaming possibility?? Anyhow, it has some form of a ATI Radeon card in it....because it says right on it....its red. I cant seem to find any specs or pics of the mobo anywhere?

Bobo

banned
supernoob said:
hey bobo...since you told me my poor emachine was crap....maybe this has some more gaming possibility?? Anyhow, it has some form of a ATI Radeon card in it....because it says right on it....its red. I cant seem to find any specs or pics of the mobo anywhere?

When did I tell you emachines was crap? Not great, but not crap.

Download Everest

www.lavalys.com

under the products tab.

It will tell you everything you everwanted to know about your comp, and then some

Bobo

banned
supernoob said:
Hey man, sorry but I'm a newbie pretty bad....I'm not sure what that is? Does it cost money?

I know, I know, I was a noob too, got kicked off, and came back

It is free. Download it. It is a program.

Under the video tab, it will tell you what vcard you have

btw, don't call me man, I'm only 13....I would only be a man if I was Jewish, and I'm not

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
most places say 512mb is tops on RAM. But also they all say 2 sockets....mine has 3?? Can anyone help?
Got a link (to both those sites as well as the manufaturer's site)

Does have AGP slot....maybe gaming machine?
Again, a link to the specs would be nice (or the specs)

Cant make a comment without knowing the specs of the system. Use CPUz to get the basic information for both systems.

As for upgrading the PIII, its running an i815 so you're kinda limited to ~1GHz procesors anyways I think

I know, I know, I was a noob too, got kicked off, and came back
You got kicked off for being a smartass and causing trouble, not for being a noob :)

Does it cost money?
No, i presume it does roughly the same thing as CPUz does :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You never answered my Q, is the ATI 9250 better than the Nvidia ones you were showing him?
1. Im not here to help you and just you specifically
2. You know better than to make off-topic posts.
3. You should know better to make complete posts.

Bobo

banned
Praetor said:
1. Im not here to help you and just you specifically
2. You know better than to make off-topic posts.
3. You should know better to make complete posts.

You aren't helping me, you are helping him. He asked about the 9250, then you said about the other Nvidia ones. I guess it doesn't matter now, the 9250 deal on Ebay is over...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
There is no mention of 9250 on this thread other than what you've brought up. Quit hijacking threads.