[Question] Laptop Video Card?????

Travo925

Howdy all, my powerbook currently has an Ati Rage Mobitily M3 AGP 2x card...a few years ago it was a great card, but now, it just sucks. With only 8MB of vram not much a long the lines of 3d work is being done. I know yall aint big apple fans, but if any of ya know just let me know if there is any replacement that I can use in it. I am looking for a 64MB card minimum (even though I will settle for a 32 if that is all available) I am aware that laptops arent easily upgradable in terms of video cards, but just wanted to pass it by you guys(and gals) first.

**Please dont post stuff about apples being crap and such and why windows machines are superior...thanks

-Travis

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I don't know for sure about the mac, but I seriously doubt you can replace it. Only fairly recent ones allowed it... Heck I only know of 2 right off.

Travo925

The_Other_One said:
I don't know for sure about the mac, but I seriously doubt you can replace it. Only fairly recent ones allowed it... Heck I only know of 2 right off.

2 what??? computers? or video cards??

...if so video cards which ones....better then nothing i guess( or atleast some info i may be able to use :) )

TonyBAMF

Over 95% of laptops have the Video card onboard to save space. I do not know the model of your Mac, your best bet would be to call Apple and give them you model No. and ask them.

Travo925

TonyBAMF said:
Over 95% of laptops have the Video card onboard to save space. I do not know the model of your Mac, your best bet would be to call Apple and give them you model No. and ask them.

An apple laptop isnt any laptop ;) , but thanks anyway...

The_Other_One

VIP Member
The only laptops I know that have interchangable GFX cards is a Dell(the most expensive one) and the Alienwares systems...

TonyBAMF

The_Other_One said:
The only laptops I know that have interchangable GFX cards is a Dell(the most expensive one) and the Alienwares systems...

Acer, Sager. many more.

My firend just spent $2700 on a Maclap and I have to says it is beautiful but no interchangable GPU.

You are trully only a phone call away, and my sences points to no you can't change it but sence all you have posted is it is a brand you do need to call them.