Quick internet help please

Nothing

Here is the problem I am having. My internet will be working fine. When I leave the computer and come back a couple hours later, my internet doesnt't work, and I have to restart my computer to get it to work. This is kinda a pain in the ass. How can I solve this problem? Thanks.

PC eye

banned
That shows that something is unloading the ISP's drivers there. You may have something running in the background you could disable with the msconfig utility to see that problem corrected if something is clashing there. You may simply have to reinstall the drivers fresh to see Windows keep them refreshed regularly as active drivers.

Deepblue

Are you hard wired or wireless and do you have Hibernation enabled on your PC.

try to use ipconfig /renew from the command prompt instead of restarting and see if that works.

Nothing

Are you hard wired or wireless and do you have Hibernation enabled on your PC.

try to use ipconfig /renew from the command prompt instead of restarting and see if that works.

Wireless. How can I find if my comp is set to hibernation. Because maybe if I take that off that can solve the problem. Beause I really don't feel like typing in ipconfig in everytime either.

Just go into Control Panel>Network Connections, right click your internet connection and go to repair... This sounds typical for Verizon, is it?

Deepblue

Control panel> power options see if your system is set to go into standby and change it to always on.

When the computer goes into standy the wireless card is dropping the connection and is not getting the connection back when you wake it up.

PC eye

banned
The fast way to see everything set to "never" including hard drives is to simply right click on the desktop, choose properties, and open the screen saver tab. On the bottom half the button for power options is seen there. Once in the next screen there will be a dropdown menu for each item for choosing never or a different amount of time.

Nothing

The fast way to see everything set to "never" including hard drives is to simply right click on the desktop, choose properties, and open the screen saver tab. On the bottom half the button for power options is seen there. Once in the next screen there will be a dropdown menu for each item for choosing never or a different amount of time.

I did that, and I am still having to restart my computer.

PC eye

banned
Besides the power options you could start looking at the startup group in the msconfig utility for anything unnecessary to auto load with Windows found there. Something is either coming active and knocking you offline or IE and the ISP drivers may need to be reinstalled. The networking tab found in the task manager will show if the connection itself is remaining active. If your router or model is seeing a problem the reboot simply refreshes the drivers.