Quick Question

Grimulus

kharmini91 said:
Grimulus, can I ask how much your rig was?

i don't remember for sure...i'll do the parts now. keep in mind this stuff is cheaper now then when i bought it.
these are also rough guesses...i can't remember for sure.

motherboard: 110
processor : 175
soundcard: 35
videocard:100 (just orderd a leadtek 6800 GT, so 415 now :p)
160gb IDE :110
80GB SATA: boss gave it to me...but close to 90 bucks i imagine
CD-RW-30
DVD-RW-75
fan: 35
Case: 80
Ram: 265
Monitor: 530
=1105 for what's listed on my current sig
=1635 with monitor
=1950 with monitor and if you count my new video card instead of the other.

keep in mind i bought all my parts OEM...i really recommend buying the processor OEM and getting a separate fan...you get a better fan and it's cheaper then buying retail and it coming with a crap fan. i also buy from places i don't have to pay tax. price watch is a valuable assest to saving dough. here's some recommendations of mine...sometimes they aren't the cheapest, but they are great to deal with.
www.zipzoomfly.com--free 2nd day shipping
www.ajump.com
www.bananapc.com

i wouldn't reccomend the case i got...i really don't like it anymore.
other than that i am very pleased...i'll answer any questions...i'll try to help as much as possible.

and btw, my math might be slightly off. :p

Grimulus

if you couldn't tell, 1105 is without the monitor. :p

i forgot to mention stuff like my speakers which were about 120.

i'll be adding some case fans soon unless i just decide to buy a whole other case all together. so yeah...add fans for 30 bucks. :p

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Praetor was appointed as an administrator because of his knowledge on computers and his hard work. There is not likely to be any more openings for administrators for this forum. But there will hopefully be more mods in the future. We are hoping to get an application form setup for moderators which will also list the requirements.