Radeon 9800 pro 256

kedrin

Im having problems with my graphics card again! i previously sent out my graphics card to ati and got it exhanged cause when i play games pixels were going crazy and sometimes i saw checkerboard through walls (counterstrike). Well that didnt work so i sent out the ram and got new ram. Well that didnt work so i have no clue on wahts wrong. I also have a problem on start up, When i start up i get a boot device error.

my current set up
p4 3 ghz processor
1 gig kingston hyper x ram
80 gig wd harddrive
MSi 865pe neo2 mobo

Any help on either of my issues would help greatly!!

tommy8748

kedrin said:
Im having problems with my graphics card again! i previously sent out my graphics card to ati and got it exhanged cause when i play games pixels were going crazy and sometimes i saw checkerboard through walls (counterstrike).
Ok, well don't send out anymore things lol, I know just what your problem is it's not the graphic card, it's the fact that counter-strike is an old game came out in 1991 so obviously the graphics aren't great no matter what graphic card you use. To get your graphics slightly better go to your counter-strike video options and set the video on "Open GL" and Display modes on 800x600, that should make the game better.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, well don't send out anymore things lol, I know just what your problem is it's not the graphic card, it's
It could just as easily be scrambled memory :)

tommy8748

Praetor said:
It could just as easily be scrambled memory :)
Nah, trust me it's the game because where I used to live there was this internet cafe which had counter-strike, and also had top of the line computers the graphics were the same as my graphics at home for counter-strike, and I had/have an integrated graphic card.

4W4K3

VIP Member
no matter how old the game is it is still gonna run. i can play CS just fine and my copy is probably older than his...i've had it for years. im thinking its your directX or video drivers/settings or something. i dont think you overclock so maybe you should just tweak your settings in windows with the display adapter. there should be some kind of an option.

4W4K3

VIP Member
tommy8748 said:
I have cz/cs the graphics are shitty no matter what video card.

buy blueshift and install the patch. it mkaes the graphics better for all HL series games you have installed on your computer. not much better but pretty kewl. the dudes ties like flow and stuff and there lips and eyes blink and things like that.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I have cz/cs the graphics are shitty no matter what video card.
Ya ya sure we know you dont like the graphics... but dude still has a problem that needs fixing if possible.