[Radeon X800-GTO] or [Radeon X1600-XT] ?

Mankz_91

X800 GTO IMO- There have been bad reviews of the X1600 series, and i personally have an X800 series card, so go with it!

Mankz-

(i can play BF2 on full @ 1280- 1024 or whatever it is!)

Splinter

I personly have the X800 series and its great, counter strike source on full is over 120fps all the time not overclocked its really smooth, id recommend it :)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hmmm

I know that most would suggest the GTO, yet I have come across reliable reviews proving that with the never games, the X1600XT works better than the GTO, even though it only has a 128bit memory controller and less memory bandwidth. However it has SM 3 support which the GTO lacks. I would grab the X1600XT if I were you.

JAN :D

Last edited:

TheChef

Just throwing this out there:

If you get the X800GTO2 by Sapphire(?) then you still have the opportunity to flash it and overclock to X850XTPE speeds. Now, that said, it doesnt guarentee anything, doesn't mean that you definetly will be able to, and as always, it's a tad dangerous. If you want to do this, you must go with the x800GTO2, as all others are laser cut. Just a thought.

Geoff

VIP Member
TheChef said:
Just throwing this out there:

If you get the X800GTO2 by Sapphire(?) then you still have the opportunity to flash it and overclock to X850XTPE speeds. Now, that said, it doesnt guarentee anything, doesn't mean that you definetly will be able to, and as always, it's a tad dangerous. If you want to do this, you must go with the x800GTO2, as all others are laser cut. Just a thought.
But if you do that your taking your chances that you may not be able to flash it.

suprasteve

I put an x1600xt in the comp I built for family awhile back with a 2.8 P Dual and got around 9000 on 3dmark03 if that helps your decision at all, dunno how the gto does as I have an xl, which gets 11,000

ATI

I work at ATI.

So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies.

Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.

But trust me.... You don't!

I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you don't know what you are talking about.

This is how bad info gets passed around.

If you don't know about the topic....Don't make yourself sound like you do.

Cuz some folks believe anything they hear.

Geoff

VIP Member
ATI said:
I work at ATI.

Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.

I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you don't know what you are talking about.

Give us an example of where someone tries to sound smart, when there not. And tell us the right answer.

Jet

VIP Member
ATI said:
I work at ATI.

But trust me.... Prove yourself!

Let us know which is better, and tell us why. It's always nice to tell someone WHY they're wrong when you tell them they are wrong. We all like to learn more. If you have more knowledge, tell us!?

34erd

I bet this is the same guy who came here this morning claiming he worked at microsoft ;)

Back on topic, I would take the X1600XT.

suprasteve

I notice how ATI didn't bother saying which was better, figured someone who worked at ATI, even after being a dick, could respond and say which was indeed better, but I guess he doesn't know either....

Geoff

VIP Member
suprasteve said:
I notice how ATI didn't bother saying which was better, figured someone who worked at ATI, even after being a dick, could respond and say which was indeed better, but I guess he doesn't know either....
he doesnt really work there, if he knew anything about video cards he wouldnt have said that. And for all we know he works as a janitor for the ATI development center :p

x1600XT is much better than the x800GTO.

m3incorp

You might want to read about Shader 3.0. Most gamers consider a video card old news that doesn't support it.

suprasteve

[-0MEGA-] said:
he doesnt really work there, if he knew anything about video cards he wouldnt have said that. And for all we know he works as a janitor for the ATI development center :p

x1600XT is much better than the x800GTO.
gotcha, sarcasm doesn't work well when typing:)

Charles_Lee

x1600xt sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don't ever get 1600xt.

and x800 series are quite old ay?
might as well get x850 series for like additional $30 or so. much better choice.

but remember x1600xt is card that was made to trick people into thinking that since its 1xxx series it might be better.
but infact it is the worst kind you can get, scores less than 3000 on 3D Mark 05
compared to my x850 scores almost 7000 in 3D mark 05.