Ram

jaipandya

when i bought the computer
my computer provider told me that i have 128 MB RAM. but when i right click on my computer and select properties it shows me '120 MB of RAM'. where has that 8 MB gone? why is the computer not showing that?

kof2000

i'm 99.9% sure your video card is onboard and is intergrated ram, so which means your video card is using ur ram.

if you buy a new video card and install it while disabling the one that came with ur computer then it will really show 128mb. :D

kof2000

it shows 120mb because u are using a video card that uses the ram in ur computer so basically it will be like that unless you upgrade ur video card.

ZER0X

VIP Member
Yup I have intergrated GFX, It took my RAM from 256mb to 248mb, And I got a new GFX card and put it in, but my BIOS is crap so I can't uninstall the GFX properly so the 248mb will always be lost :(

chadr6

Yes...Installing a new video card definitely makes better use of your RAM as a video card has its own RAM

ZER0X

VIP Member
chadr6 said:
Yes...Installing a new video card definitely makes better use of your RAM as a video card has its own RAM

Thats exactly right, Plus Integrated doesn't make the games look very good or play well :eek:

ZER0X

VIP Member
Integrated is only good when you have atleast 512mb because then the integrated won't use much Memory :)