removal of sony vaio case

plrs x45

Hello to all. I am new to this forum and have a question for anyone who can help. I just received a Sony Vaio PCV-RX550 at no cost. I want to upgrade the RAM and video card. I can't get the case off. Is there a trick to this? Also, I have heard that some systems can have the bios flashed to accept more RAM. Where may I find the info about this?

thank you all in advance.

4W4K3

VIP Member
i have worked on 1 sony vaio b4. couldn't get the case off. i ended up breaking it off accidentally, and i payed customer for damages, she didn't care. never worked on one again lol.

tricky little buggers.

CBizzle

My cousin has a Sony Vaio, and he got the case off.... I wouldn't be suprised if he broke it to get it off, but I will ask him and let you know. He took it apart and just scrapped the parts for some money towards another computer, it was an older Vaio.

sho95

onn the back of the case on the upper right you will find a lever that is all metal. Pull on this and it make the side off the case pop out. Hope this help you out.

oe4u

opening Vaio case

Sony has a detailed guide if you dig around on their esupport.

Here is the page that shows how to install a second hard drive and it has instructions and diagrams to open the case.

Just hit this link Sony esupport