resolution, or graphics card prob. need help asap - wheres my colour gone............

tonymaclennan

hi, i recently installed windows xp professional from xp home edition, but it changed resolution and colour quality.
Firstly, let me tell you, im not very good with comps.
Well anyway, i posted an help ad here about 1 week ago, some one told me to download astra32, see what my video card was and reinstall the driver, which was successful, i managed to change the resolution which wouldnt change before, but now i have trouble with displaying colour; my display properties says my colour quality is 'highest(32bit)', im sure it was higher as my monitors quite big.
Its hard to explain about the colour, so go to yahoo, click 'mail', then look at the colour on the logon screen, then look at my screen shot http://www.geocities.com/tonymaclennan/yahoo.JPG and you will see my problem.

When telling me how to resolve this or system spec., ensure you tell me how to check it please.....

So, then can anybody help me out here????????????????

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I think that you are on high contrast setting. Go to Control panel / Accessibility options / Display and uncheck the "Use high contrast".
Or open Display properties, go to Appearance tab and select a different Color scheme (without high contrast).

Last edited: