Spam emails

peacenlove

I've been getting emails from people I dont even know or havent send them any emails and they emailed me and told me to stop emailing them.. I have no idea how but it must be the spam emails so how can I stop that??

P :)

Fure6

the emails like that ussually have virus' attached to them...or so i have heard.

or the other thing is that you might have an email that's pretty darn close to some one elses that spams people.

hizson

get rid of spam

Hi Peacenlove,
A lot of the time we get spam in our email box because we sign up for something online and give out our email address. One of the best ways is to have a number of email accounts. Keep one account that you give the address to only friends and family, the others you use for internet sign-ups. Hotmail or one of the other free accounts is perfect for the sign-ups.
I have a number of Christian web sites that also have e-mail accounts. If you are interested in a good e-mail account (that I will give you free) that has a spam blocker on it just e-mail me and I'll give you the info you'll need to get a accoount set up. This e-mail is web based and also pop 3.
God bless you,
Hizson

jdundas

Another possiblility is that one of your friends has a virus. If your email adress is in their address book and they have a virus. There computer could be sending out emails (virus) with your email address.

weed

Don't worry about it i have been experiencing the same problem endless attachments from people i dont even knw.. its Netsky ...Netsky-D’s a mass mailing worm.. they are others like w32@mydom variants etc...
The worm is difficult to root out because it lands in e-mail boxes using a number of different subject lines such as “re:details” or “re:here is the document.”
It arrives with an attached .pif file .zip .jpg .doc a variety of extension names...u will be fine if u just don’t open it. as it will spread to your frds email accounts... ”
Netsky.B spreads via both email - forwarding itself to addresses found by scanning the hard drive of infected computers - and Windows network shares.
It inserts several entries in the Windows Registry and attempts to remove registry entries related to recent viruses, including MyDoom.A and MyDoom.B.
basically the the people its coming from have the virus on their pc until the remove it it will keep on circulatin in an endless loop..

Jimbob1989

banned
U know these viruses that go through your mail list. How do they work because if the address book is on the hardrive then you shouldn't be able to recieve simular viruses from hotmail addresses as I have as hotmails address book is not stored on your hard drive. Unless the header of the email is being set up.

Jimbob