Spiderweb on monitor and want to replace

kermit

The monitor on my SONY PCG-FX300 series laptop has developed a spider web.

I'm wondering how easy it would be to replace the screen 16.1".

I have looked around and found some similar model, and am wondering if I could possibly swap screen on these?

Let me know.

kermit

The laptop was stepped on and the monitor cracked and has a spiderweb on it. But that isn't the questions. The question is: can you replace the monitor on a laptop?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The question is: can you replace the monitor on a laptop?
Not easily but i would imagine it's doable; if possible, you're probably better off buying a new laptop as it would probably cost way to much to repair :)

72montecarlo

You could probably replace the screen if you can find a replacement. Ive replaced the lcd in a toshiba tecra 8100 i have and it can be done with a flat head and philips screw driver. shouldnt be a whole lot different with your laptop so you might wanna see what it would take to get it apart. certainly save a lot of money when you dont pay for labor.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
certainly save a lot of money when you dont pay for labor
Very true; just make sure to move slowly and deliberately! Dont wanna waste all the money on the parts and accidentally connect something backwards or something! :D

kermit

I was looking on Ebay and found replacement screens varying in price. I have a Sony PCG-FX300 laptop and there is a PCG-FX290 screen on there for like $10 and I'm wondering if it'll fit.