(RETIRED) Sticky: Official CPU-Z Benchmark Thread

Laquer Head

You already have that toastser of a 1080 though...

no sympathy, you all shit on me for wanting to upgrade mobo and stuff..so f - it I'm going to get a new GPU.

C4C

You're at the top right now. :D

Let's disregard the fact that my computer almost destroyed itself. If you're not first, you're last. :cool:

That being said I've previously been an AMD fan and this was my first Intel build. New respect for Intel tbh... Ryzen seems to be doing VERY well from what AMD has promised, and I really wanna see these Ryzen R5's hit the market for some real Core i5 competition...

Darren

Staff member
Let's disregard the fact that my computer almost destroyed itself. If you're not first, you're last. :cool:

That being said I've previously been an AMD fan and this was my first Intel build. New respect for Intel tbh... Ryzen seems to be doing VERY well from what AMD has promised, and I really wanna see these Ryzen R5's hit the market for some real Core i5 competition...
The R7's are awesome for their price/performance in multithreaded stuff but the R5's are going to be the true test. Priced to compete with i5's while offering the same or 50% more cores and also multithreading. I'm just afraid they're going to hit a clock speed wall pretty hard like the R7's did. Since i5's are usually gaming focused they likely will still win in this department.

Reactions: C4C

Intel_man

VIP Member
It's going to be interesting to see how Cannonlake performs. It's a die shrink of Kaby Lake, so I suspect that the clock speeds are going to be even higher.

Darren

Staff member
It's going to be interesting to see how Cannonlake performs. It's a die shrink of Kaby Lake, so I suspect that the clock speeds are going to be even higher.
I miss my 4.6GHz sometimes... I love this new CPU but I can't say I'm not a little disappointed in overclocking potential. If Kaby Lake is hitting 5.0GHz pretty regularly CannonLake is gonna be crazy.

Reactions: C4C

Laquer Head

I miss my 4.6GHz sometimes... I love this new CPU but I can't say I'm not a little disappointed in overclocking potential. If Kaby Lake is hitting 5.0GHz pretty regularly CannonLake is gonna be crazy.

Are the Ryzen cpu with the X designation better overclockers? I think I saw 1700X and 1800X??

C4C

I mean my Skylake will run 4.6-4.7GHz stable, and there's quite a few people running 4.8GHz+ in the winning chip lotto..

I really can't wait to see what the future holds. My little brother is running a FX-6300 build right now. I'm actually getting a real job too so I should be able to upgrade later this year to satisfy my want of a micro-atx build. Might give him my current rig if that happens.

Darren

Staff member
Are the Ryzen cpu with the X designation better overclockers? I think I saw 1700X and 1800X??
In theory the more expensive chips should clock better from binning. The 1700X and 1800X are 95w TDP and the 1700 is 65w. From what I've seen and the general consensus is that all 3 can usually hit 4.0 without much trouble. The 1800x in particular can clock 1-200MHz higher than the other 2 but you're basically just paying for better odds in the silicon lottery. Pretty much all 3 are guaranteed to hit 3.8GHz minimum and the 1800X usually can do 4.1 or so. This is the exact reason I didn't wait for R5 as it seemed pointless to sacrifice cores with no major uptick in clock speed.

Now if only I could overclock the damn thing without my memory noping out.

lucasbytegenius

1700X stock, RAM 2933Mhz.

GEapi9

lucasbytegenius

OC'd it to 4 GHz.

X61mI1

Idk what's up with my voltage. Motherboard says the same and it came configured like that. Going to try lowering the voltage.