(RETIRED) Sticky: Official CPU-Z Benchmark Thread

beers

Staff member
I can always cheat.
Haha I found an exploit in CPUZ back in the day where you could publish/validate any clock speed you wanted to by pausing the process, editing the memory contents and then resuming. The creator of CPU-Z Franck hit me up on MSN and is apparently a fairly douchey individual :p

Shlouski

VIP Member
Who's going to fight me for the #1 spot?

I already trashed you in single core speed with my i7 8700k and you only JUST beat my 6 year old i7 3770k by 8 points, embarrassing :D. I could buy a threadripper tomorrow and win so easily, but what is the fun in that, for me getting the best IPC is the #1 spot. Now I'm getting the feeling that maybe I will try and better your IPC with a 6 year old cpu ;).

beers

Staff member
I already trashed you in single core speed with my i7 8700k and you only JUST beat my 6 year old i7 3770k by 8 points,
Ha you'll still retain that :p

Unless you can roll some 9k multi you're losing that tier however ;)

Shlouski

VIP Member
Untitled.png

Looks like a tie, I have a couple of better sticks of ram I could pop in, luck for you I'm too lazy ;).

Last edited:

beers

Staff member
2x L5640 come at me bro :p

yR1eGS2.png

gillmanjr

My new system. Haven't really played around with the clocks yet but this is nice and stable and stays very cool. I have no need to push it any further atm..

i7-9700k @4.8GHz and 1.25V
16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz

CPU-Z-Bench-MAX.jpg

Last edited:

gillmanjr

Someone needs to update the charts on the first page. Looks like I'm number 2 on the single threaded results behind Shlouski's 8700k but I could take that crown if I pushed mine to 5.1GHz, which I could.

Shlouski

VIP Member
Someone needs to update the charts on the first page. Looks like I'm number 2 on the single threaded results behind Shlouski's 8700k but I could take that crown if I pushed mine to 5.1GHz, which I could.

Then do it, but I will be back :D.

Anything over 5.1 my cpu didn't want to know, no matter how much voltage I gave it and temps weren't a problem.

G80FTW

I havent posted here in a few years, but my i7 970 from 2012 is still trolling along with my 680. Here is what it can do at 4.367GHz

Single: 364.4
Multi: 2905.0

Overall, and over the course of the last 7 years I have come to the conclusion that the 1366 is a horrible platform haha, but with some OCing my 970 might still be able to hang in there a little longer.

This is at 4.5ghz. I could probably push this processor above this, but not with the cooling I have. At 4.5ghz I am seeing load temps of near 90c. Its stable at 4.5ghz, but wayyy too hot for me to run daily.

Single: 393.3
Multi: 3119.4

Last edited: