Suggested games for new rig

I am kind of out of the loop regarding really new games. I am getting a new rig soon (see specs below), so I would like to ask you, fellow gamers, what would you suggest I try out?

Here are a few pointers:
- stealth games
- fps games
- RTS, although I am not that hardcore
- adventure games
- puzzle games
EDIT>
- racing games *arcade
- turn based strategy games
- point n click

thank you

Last edited:
No, not yet. But I am not even sure how I can acquire it. The way they release game content is pretty unusual for me.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Or... go on steam and purchase it. You can either buy each episode individually, or you can buy the whole season.

Each episode is like each level and the whole season is like the whole story line.

Darren

Staff member
Yeah or that,^^

I've just become very anti-steam lately.. but thats me/1

Not to derail... but why? Steam has been pretty great all around for me. Their sales aren't as good as they used to be and their UI sucks but other than that no complaints really.

Rocket League is crack, although it doesn't really fit your game types.

You see, this is what confused me about the game, and I actually don't like how they are selling the game. So how much for the seasons so far?

Intel_man

VIP Member
There's only 1 season so far. That's basically a whole single player campaign. The did it in seasons because they plan on creating multiple seasons later on, but remain on the same game engine/platform.

Cool. I guess that's better than creating a sequel. How do you like it? Is it more like Blood Money or swings towards Absolution?

Absolution is such a colossal shitstorm, I really hope I could play regular old hitman once again.

beers

Staff member
What other fps subgenres do you like? Overwatch is pretty fun, or playerunknown battlegrounds

I like steam too. I kinda agree on the UI being crappy, but I like the concept.

Rocket League is an odd ball for me, but I'd gladly try it out.

I forgot to add racing games, although I haven't played any great ones lately. I am still hoping that someday somebody will remake Motorhead with advanced graphics and more tracks / cars. Even though DICE is still around, I don't know why they are not doing it.

I also like turn based games (HoMM3, Disciples 2). Disciples 2 is crack, I tell you. The unit animations and the upgrade system is just so addicting. The dark atmosphere just draws you in, the graphics are so freaking awesome and I haven't seen a game anything like it.

Arcade racing, casual driving.

My fav racing game ever is an old game I used to play on PS3, is also available on steam and I would assume xbox 360, and thats "Racing Driver Grid" the first one not the second one "Grid 2" and personally I think the first one was loads better than the second one.

beers

Staff member
"Racing Driver Grid"
Grid was pretty good. Grid autosport is decent, kind of a blend between the first two.
I use to. Costs way too much. I find it quite ridiculous that they charge subscription AND charge for cars/tracks.
I agree it's pretty steep, some people's cockpits are insane. Even my piddly rseat rs1 and t500rs wheel broke through 1k. Rip wallet. I have a five year badge though if you ever want to come turn some laps <3

Intel_man

VIP Member
I agree it's pretty steep, some people's cockpits are insane. Even my piddly rseat rs1 and t500rs wheel broke through 1k. Rip wallet. I have a five year badge though if you ever want to come turn some laps <3
Heh... yeah. Wait till you see people with Leo Bodnar wheel or an Accuforce wheel...

I only have a G27 with the GTEye brake mod and a DIY office chair that's made from an OMP seat and a heavy duty chair base. Don't really have room for a dedicated rig.

You see the new Sparco Evolve seat? It looks wicked.
G01985ZNRRS.jpg