task manager impossible!!

stronghold

ok hi everyone i'm new so please be easy on me.

Around a month ago, I suddenly had this problem with internet explorer. Some sites would automatically direct to somtehing like "audlt xxx site" or something like that, and it was virtually impoisslbe to enter the site i wish to. Sometimes with luck i could get in. And at this same time, wella round the same time, if i wanted to end a task, or somthing, i press ctl, alt delete, but when i open it, it either not opens at all, or opens for 1 seconds t hen cloes again, with the icon on the start menu reminiang there untill cursor is places over it. I dunno if the internet problem had any connectoin with this problem with the task manager.

But i'm really annoying now, as i use the task manager all the time!! please help me, and i run on windows xp:)

thanks in advance guys:):)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes spyware for sure ... some sites will also do that with JS/Popups and such so you might want to perhaps looking at a firewall or something to that effect,

stronghold

ahh, man i've done both the virus thing and the spyware thing, and i still can't get into task manager properly..:( any other ideas, of how to fix it or why it is happening. ??