Temp. Probe

joelkyr

My rig is running just fine right now, no prblem after I installed Tt Polo 735, temp. is 38C for CPU/ 35C for system. My question is about the temp. probe, do you think its neccessary to attached it to the heatsink although my ASUS MOBO has Ai booster w/c shows all the temp, fan speed and so on. :rolleyes:

MY RIG

MOBO: ASUS P4P800SE
CPU: P4 3.4HT
RAM: 1024/TWINX512-3200XL CORSAIR
HDD: MAXTOR 120GB/8MB
SC: TURTLE BEACH SANTA CRUZ 5.1
AGP: ATI RADEON 9200SE

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You dont HAVE to use the temp probe you know :p The CPU's temp should already be measured by the mobo so you shouldnt have a problem there. Use the temp probe elsewhere :)

joelkyr

:p that was I was thinking, just wanted to make sure coz adding more wire inside my CPU would make it look like a jumble of newborn snake:p

joelkyr

and one more is I have so much things inside my PC that whenever I turn off my cathode lights my PC reboot and heck this means buying a new PSU if that is what I think it is, what can you suggest Praetor:)

joelkyr

I have a stock 400W PSU(no name brand I guess) that came with the case(Raidmax), it just bothers me so much coz its not delivering the power that my PC needs, do you have any other explanation to that?:)

MY RIG

MOBO: ASUS P4P800SE
CPU: P4 3.4HT
RAM: 1024/TWINX512-3200XL CORSAIR
HDD: MAXTOR 120GB/8MB
SC: TURTLE BEACH SANTA CRUZ 5.1
AGP: ATI RADEON 9200SE

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Im still confused about your previous post (about the turning 'off') buti would think thats a symptom of a low quality PSU

joelkyr

Praetor said:
Im still confused about your previous post (about the turning 'off') buti would think thats a symptom of a low quality PSU

Its just wierd, when I start my PC my 2 cathode lights is on, so sometimes I try to switch it off to see if theirs any changes inmy CPU temp. but instead my PC reboot :confused: