Temperature

Pyotr

What's a normal working temp for an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (not overclocked) on an Abit NF7 series mobo with one fan blowing air in and two fans blowing the other way? :p

Also, the first days the temp was around 26 degrees Centigrade, but now it's up to 30. Is this something to worry about?

kof2000

thats low lol if that is 26c - 30c when i powered up my p4 3.0ghz pc its already running at 60c lol

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
thats low lol if that is 26c - 30c when I powered up my p4 3.0ghz pc its already running at 60c lol
HOLY CRAP. Is that a prescot????

Also, the first days the temp was around 26 degrees Centigrade, but now it's up to 30. Is this something to worry about?
26ºC seems a tad low -- you sure thats not the ambient case/mobo temp? Its good but it seems REALLY low. I would expect 40ºC ish. For me, i can get 20-25ºC but (a) thats with a ambient temp of -6ºC (dont ask) and (b) with a nonstock HSF ... 26º does however, seem right for a mobo temp

Pyotr

Actually, I've got measures on CPU, "system" and something else (can't remember what at the moment), and ALL of them were around 30. That is, they all are at roughly the same temperature (+-0.5 degrees). They were 26-28, now they're 30.

Pyotr

My temp (system, cpu, something else which I keep forgetting) won't go above 40. I'm a happy lad. :D

kof2000

Praetor said:
HOLY CRAP. Is that a prescot????

26ºC seems a tad low -- you sure thats not the ambient case/mobo temp? Its good but it seems REALLY low. I would expect 40ºC ish. For me, i can get 20-25ºC but (a) thats with a ambient temp of -6ºC (dont ask) and (b) with a nonstock HSF ... 26º does however, seem right for a mobo temp

YES it is a prescott.