The 360 is crap

computerhakk

VIP Member
Wow, sorry to hear about your 360. You should send it in to MS for repairs or a checkup. You should still have your year warranty hopefully. Mines haven't died ever since I got it back in July. Try to invest a little time into your 3/400 dollar investment.:D

Like for example; ever since I got mines, it has been on horizontal position and rarely moved around or to vertical position. Whenever I'm not playing it, I cover it with a cloth; serious, not a joke on my part. This is cause there's holes whether you set it horizontal or vertical, so overtime I know that dust will settle. Obviously, this isn't after playing, but when it's cooled down completely or on long stretches when I don't play.

Another is that whenever I can, I use the controller for the most part. Shutdown, start up, eject, etc. I rarely and try not to touch the 360 at all.:p

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I went through two before getting a 2nd generation that worked fine.. I had real problems with the ps2 though.. every single one i've owned has, in the end, gotten the dreaded disk read error message. Other than that i've been happy with console gaming. As smeone said there are some games you play only on the console, Halo, zelda, resident evil 4, okami, final fantasy, kingdom hearts, .. The list goes on and on. *some of these were released for pc later on in their lives, i know.*

TheOrangeDude

I went through two before getting a 2nd generation that worked fine.. I had real problems with the ps2 though.. every single one i've owned has, in the end, gotten the dreaded disk read error message. Other than that i've been happy with console gaming. As smeone said there are some games you play only on the console, Halo, zelda, resident evil 4, okami, final fantasy, kingdom hearts, .. The list goes on and on. *some of these were released for pc later on in their lives, i know.*

yea but by the time u play them on pc the newer one probably already released on console. for example halo 2 is coming out probably in summer, but by fall on 360 I be already play halo 3. so thats probably why I would spend 500 dollar just to play a game I like.

kof2000

the first xbox suffered the same problem, i remember the tompson drives they have and it has problem reading discs and playing on LIVE is crazy because it would just continue trying to load and it would get disconnected. Then it is fixed when you get lucky and bought a xbox with a phillips or samsung drive in it.

Burgerbob

As someone said earlier, ahhh... Console gaming... Try setting your 360 (which i do actually really like) up with a DVI LCD at 1440X900. Doesnt work? hmmm, glad i have my PC with a replaceable graphics chip. And a web browser. And a completely customizable case/looks. Funny that. In all seriousness, i love the 360 and think it will own the PS3 in the long run.

Dual_Corex2

banned

I dont know bout the other games you listed, but Final Fantasy has been on PC since at least FF7, i used to play FF7 on the PC and Playstation. Not only that you can play the original Final Fantasy on PC with a NES emulator! lol. They have emulators for the Xbox, PS2, and so forth but they dont work correctly yet. Not fully stable. That and the games take forever to download since they are usually 1gb at least.

Funny, pretty much after i made this thread my 360 hasnt had a problem yet lol. Still gets EXTREMELY hot though. Im thinkin bout getting a mini-typhoon cooler for it as well, mod this beast. It needs a nice big cooler on it with more then 2 fans.

Doesnt heat shorten the life of electronics? I would think with the amount of heat this thing puts out it might only last 5 years!

Last edited:

hermeslyre

VIP Member
In 5 years microsoft will have lauched Xbox 720 and will have stopped support for the 360. Like the original xbox. And the ps3 is under heavy fire.. i know, but if it can hang on to it's exclusives like ratchet and clank( i love this game!),metal gear, final fantasy, devil may cry, etc etc then it will still be a heavy hitter in the console wars.. i'm sick of people saying it's doomed just because it's pricy and didnt have the best release. only time will tell, though im keeping my fingers crossed. Competition is good for the industry.

oh and if the ff series is on the pc does that mean ff 12 is out?! I totally gave up hope of playing this gem when i got fed up with my ps2 refusing to let me play god of war. There was nothing wrong with the disc! so i sold it. Anyways is final fantasy 12 going to be released for the pc?

Le GoogelGuRu

In 5 years microsoft will have lauched Xbox 720 and will have stopped support for the 360. Like the original xbox. And the ps3 is under heavy fire.. i know, but if it can hang on to it's exclusives like ratchet and clank( i love this game!),metal gear, final fantasy, devil may cry, etc etc then it will still be a heavy hitter in the console wars.. i'm sick of people saying it's doomed just because it's pricy and didnt have the best release. only time will tell, though im keeping my fingers crossed. Competition is good for the industry.

oh and if the ff series is on the pc does that mean ff 12 is out?! I totally gave up hope of playing this gem when i got fed up with my ps2 refusing to let me play god of war. There was nothing wrong with the disc! so i sold it. Anyways is final fantasy 12 going to be released for the pc?
XBOX 720?

synergy

Yeah, my 360 is fine. Make sure you get a warrenty on it, so incase if it over heats you can return it under warrenty.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
lol yup, then comes the 900! I dont think the next one will be called 720, 360 was named primarly becuz it was an "all around" great console. Who knows what they will think to name the next Xbox, they might even drop the Xbox name.

:mad: i knew that it was just alittle joke! .. i dont believe they'll drop the xbox name
unless the 360 bombs. Which it is not doing right now(cept in japan). It's akin to sony droppin the playstation name, so many people have gotten use to the names why change it up??

Dual_Corex2

banned
:mad: i knew that it was just alittle joke! .. i dont believe they'll drop the xbox name
unless the 360 bombs. Which it is not doing right now(cept in japan). It's akin to sony droppin the playstation name, so many people have gotten use to the names why change it up??

I dont think they would either, but you never know. Companies do weird things. I hope Sony never ever drops the Playstation name, its so simple yet brillient!

Xbox is just a weird name if you ask me.........great consoles though! Cant wait for the next one! Hopefully they switch back to nVidia, im not much of an ATi fan.

Pck21

I'm sorry to hear about your 360 :( Mine works perfectly fine and I've never had any problems with it. And that's weird because it's from Microsoft....hmm...lol. My PS3 on the other hand, well, last night it would not connect to the PS online store for whatever reason. Maybe they were updating it? I don't know, but it does it alot. Xbox Live works like a dream. Like you said, maybe you have bad luck with consoles.