The ultimate best psu

Discussion in 'Computer Cases, Power Supplies and Cooling' started by matteuk, Aug 10, 2006.

1. matteuk

matteuk New Member

i just wfort it would be good if we had a discusion about the best psu avalible today so i can go ahead and buy it oh btw it has to be more than 550 watts

2. H-Bomb

H-Bomb New Member

Why do you need it? You can get PSU's nowadays that are over 1000Watts and have triple 12V rails with about 40A but buying one won't neccesarily make your machine any better than if you stuck with your average Antec or whatever. Nobody needs to spend $500 on a PSU unless they're getting a server or are just really rich. I doubt greatly that you have a machine that would make use of a PSU like that so just save your cash and buy something more important.

3. tommycompton

tommycompton New Member

i've have been really digging my ocz game xstream 700 watt. the specs are good and more than enough power for my system.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817341002

the only cons are, modular would be nice, but my case is big enough for cable management. and i wish the pci-e cables were longer to run them behind my hd cage and back to my gpu's. but i don't think the make em much longer on psu's anyway.

my other choice was going to be
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153036

4. DKdeadly

DKdeadly New Member

average with your ANTEC i think dude your on weed or something.Antec makes very good power supply.

5. m0nk3ys1ms

m0nk3ys1ms Active Member

6. H-Bomb

H-Bomb New Member

I meant average in a good way. As in "what one would expect from a PSU" opposed to one that is above average (uber powerful and uber expensive) or one that is below average (200W piece of poo that comes with the case). I didn't mean it was bollocks.
    Lol

7. The_Other_One

The_Other_One VIP Member

Enermax Galaxy 1000W. Look around for it ;) Though, it'd probably be cheaper to just get a pair of good 500w PSU's.

8. WeatherMan

WeatherMan Active Member

Theres already some with 45A and Quad rails:D :cool:
    Cost around $650 though!

9. Bobo

Bobo banned

Or maybe 72A on quad rails. But why $650? I can get one for $500 less here.

10. WeatherMan

WeatherMan Active Member

lol I was quoting a UK price and only converted it over to US:)

11. Bobo

Bobo banned

Not even a 1KW PSU is $650. I don't know what conversions you used....:rolleyes:

12. WeatherMan

WeatherMan Active Member

Youd be surprised about some of the prices over here

13. matteuk

matteuk New Member

lol omg guys i was asking what like would be the best make psu right now

14. ceewi1

ceewi1 VIP Member

15. Bobo

Bobo banned

16. ckfordy

ckfordy banned

It aint that much lower its 68 amps. 12v1 has 16 amps 12v2 has 16 and 12v3 has 36 amps.

17. bball4life

bball4life New Member

I would go with that OCZ, its gotten some really good reviews and I mean 700 watts is more then you need, and its not insanely expensive either.

18. ceewi1

ceewi1 VIP Member

No, it doesn't. You can't simply add rails like that. Besides, there's a whole lot more to a PSU than amperage on the +12V, particularly at the high end.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  19. bball4life

bball4life New Member

Ya, but it still does have decent amps on all 4 rails. It is a very good psu especially for the price.

20. ceewi1

ceewi1 VIP Member

Definitely, i'm just explaining why the PC P&C 1KW is better/more expensive.