Tries to connect

Jimbob1989

banned
We have a few pc's but this problem seems to happen on just one of them. Occasionaly when I go on the pc in question, it comes up with a dial up connection window asking to connect (this is on 56K, not broadband). If you press cancel it comes up again and it keeps happening for a while. I haven't been on that pc for a while so i dont knw if its still happening but anyway we have adware and Search and destroy, which i run about once a weeks so its not that. However we have norton antivirus. I thought that maybe it is trying to updat, but i'm not sure. Once when it happened, I went into command prompt nd typed netstat and it found an ip strange address. I put the address into a browser and it came up with a page, nothing to do with advertising but can't just block the websites in the case, i think, point out if i'm wrong.

Jimbob

nomav6

I think norton will try to connect at random sometime to download the updates, you might want to check and see if you can disable auto-download, the thing about the website Im a little confused on.

Jimbob1989

banned
I went into command prompt and typed "netstat". It tells you what you are connected to and I spotted an ip address which shouldn't have been there so I put the address into a browser and up came a website, but i can't block websites can i?

Jimbob