Troll'sBuild, $500 Budget High Performance Gaming Build (No Janky Parts.)

TrollFaceTheMan

So hello guys my name is TrollFaceTheMan, I run a YouTube channel with about 22,500 subs. This is my first post to this forum and I am looking to share a build that I spent about 5 hours researching and pricing. I do apologize if anything I do in this post is wrong I am new to the site and couldn't find the rule page.

Basically I set out with a goal of building a pretty decent, high quality gaming PC for $500 or below. This is best optimized for Q4 2017-Q1 2018. A special requirement for me though was no Janky Parts. Most of the time people shove in the cheapest, budget parts they can get and they either break or don't work right.

So my prerequisite is any parts I use for this build have to have 4 stars or above for me to use them. So this is what I came up with.

Basically the build is:

-Ryzen 1400 CPU
-MSI B350m Gaming Pro MoBo
-8GBs (2x4Gb) DDR4 3000MHz Viper Elite Ram
-450watt Arc series PSU (Suggested alternative by several members, Seasonic PSU, I like the look of the S12II 620 BRONZE. 34.99 after $15 mail in rebate.)
-SanDisk SSD Plus, 120GB.

-Rosewill Micro ATX Mini Tower Case
-Gigabyte Geforce 1050 (Suggested alternative by Deerling7, EVGA 1050 ti)

When priced it came out to $450. (Good to spend the left over cash on a HDD me thinks.)

I think for what it cost it's a pretty solid build though I bet others might still be able to shave off a few more bucks if price checking multiple sites.

My eyes want to bleed from how long I had to stare at a computer screen over this XD

Now another thing I did in this time was type up a huge blog post. Talking about the Parts, showing the Prices and why I chose them along with Some Recommendations.

If anyone is interested I really can use some feedback on my post such as checks for spelling mistakes or suggestions on how to make future post better. I also have links to all the parts on the page so anyone can check the prices and pick up the parts if they want.

Figured that way it'd be pretty convenient. The post is on my BlogSpot page and is my first one, you can find it here:

https://trollfacetheman.blogspot.com/2017/11/500-budget-high-preformance-gaming.html

If people like the build I think I might be up for trying my hand at making a $1,000 budget build. Please let me know what you guys all think. And please drop a comment if you have any questions :)

Last edited:

Jiniix

I would probably choose a different PSU as well, but I've read the new Rosewills aren't so bad as they used to be.
However Antec/Seasonic are always preferred imo.

TrollFaceTheMan

I am not sure your choice of PSU...

I would probably choose a different PSU as well, but I've read the new Rosewills aren't so bad as they used to be.
However Antec/Seasonic are always preferred imo.

I am curious why specifically the hate on the PSU, because it is Rosewill or the size? The reason I picked that PSU is because it is cheap, provides enough power for the RIG and has 4.5 stars with over 400+ reviews. It seems that most people haven't had any issues with it, and think it's a good value.

Calin

I am curious why specifically the hate on the PSU, because it is Rosewill or the size? The reason I picked that PSU is because it is cheap, provides enough power for the RIG and has 4.5 stars with over 400+ reviews. It seems that most people haven't had any issues with it, and think it's a good value.
I don't trust Rosewill PSUs. I would go with a Seasonic S12II 520W.

TrollFaceTheMan

If you can, save for at least $700. That extra $200 let's you do so much more.

I do agree, $700 would be a much better budget. $500 is basically min cash you can build an okay one. Ihose it because it seems to be a popular price for most people to start with.

Personally I would went with $600, got a higher Wattage PSU, better CPU Heat sink (For OCing) and of course a 1tb or maybe 2tb HDD.

TrollFaceTheMan

I don't trust Rosewill PSUs. I would go with a Seasonic S12II 520W.

Not a bad price for about a 500w, anyone else recommend SeaSonic? If so, then I might add it into that section as a recommended alternative if people want to pay a touch more.

TrollFaceTheMan

The 620 W one is good. Also, I'm gonna check out your Youtube channel. Don't forget to post your build when it's done! And remember to mention us!

For this at least it's a theoretical build for a friend, they are looking for a cheap computer for $500 and I've spent a good chunk of time researching it and I figured I'd share my findings here and in my blog post. If he does build it (Or likely has me build it...) then I will be sure to get pics. Also adding you 1050 ti suggestion.