TURBO Button

kharmini91

What does the "Turbo" button mean on some old cases?

When I say old, I'm talking Windows 3.1, 386 processor, 5 inch floppies, etc.

ZER0X

VIP Member
Yer my very first computer was a 586 it had a turbo button... It think it just increased the speed of the computer

ZER0X

VIP Member
My brothers old Pentuim 155mhz computer had 32mb and when you pressed the turbo button it used to run like a charm.....Faster than my computer now....Used to load things really really quick....like getting into windows and quiting.......It took 2 seconds to shutdown his computer it was fast as

ZER0X

VIP Member
Yer it was pretty fast....plus he didn't have much stuff on his HD....and it was WIN95

Well obviously I don't think it would of been anything more

b3n

VIP Member
My comp had win98SE..it used to run ok but then something screwed it up really REALLY bad...u dont know what that could have been zer0x?

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
On older computers the Turbo button made possible to run the PC with half of CPU speed (Turbo pressed -> normal speed, Turbo released -> half speed).
Long long time ago we had at the office an 286 computer which couldn't read from the floppy (a 5 1/4" one :eek: ) when in turbo mode. So it was useful then. :)

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
You could connect the lights to that button. So the computer will light up only if Turbo is pressed... :cool: